Revolut chat

It probably never did to be fair :sweat_smile:
Unless of course, the rules vary by country :thinking:

1 Like

It may well vary by country and/or discussion with Apple. When I supported an ApplePay implementation elsewhere I was under NDA for it.

1 Like

The Revolut story is that they are in the last stages of Apple Pay certification (or whatever they call it) so they are sure they will do it. Presumably they werenā€™t so sure with Monzo so they held off from announcing anything.

Yeah, maybe thatā€™s it - perhaps they are in the last stage of testing before release so no anticipation of any problems.
I did notice a slight bug with Android Pay with Revolut on Wednesday, that is my spending category changed from ā€˜Groceriesā€™ to ā€˜Generalā€™ after the transaction settled (thatā€™s at a Tesco store in Ireland). Doesnā€™t seem to have happened since so perhaps just a one-off, or something that was quickly caught

Itā€™s also worth remembering that Monzo use their own card processor which probably required extensive testing over that of Revolut who use GPS

5 Likes

True. And I think that maybe Revolutā€™s Visa cards are not processed by GPS which might explain them not being included in the Android Pay rollout for now

5 Likes

Shhh! :wink::zipper_mouth_face:

I think this is it. My understanding might be flawed but I think all the heavy lifting and most of the compliance is done by GPS for the *pays. This means that Monzo would have had a much bigger job in getting going with Apple.

(And, incidentally, would probably make it horrendous for the likes of Starling to not only build their own processor but then to integrate it with Apple, Google, FitBit, Garminā€¦ Oh and Badger Pay)

7 Likes
5 Likes

Well done Revolut!

Does anyone know how theyā€™re defining monthly active users? It is 1m people that have interacted with the app at least once a month? Or carried out a transaction? Orā€¦?

May be worth asking them on Twitterā€¦

Revolut is really great for my use :+1:

I basically use it as a cheaper Transferwise. They have cheaper international transfers. I also use it as a currency exchange service.

That is what they are best for imo.

1 Like

So, this morning I tried withdrawing from Revolut to Monzo at 7:50 and the money reached my Monzo account at 8:30 by which time I was a bit worried. Is this normal? :frowning:

When I transfer between Halifax, Monzo and Starling, transactions are always instantā€¦

Faster Payments is usually instant but can take up to two hours so nothing to worry about

Revolut are known to be slow. Do you have a premium account with them? They arenā€™t a bank and as far as Iā€™m aware are not connected to the Faster Payments network.

3 Likes

Ah that would explain it.

This would make a lot of sense.
Tesco bank are another slow oneā€¦

I have always been under the illusion that someone manually keys any bank transfers you send from Revolutā€¦

Edit; My transfer from my Revolut account yesterday came through from a Barclayā€™s account.

With Coinbase rolling out support for GBP, the core of Revolut fanbase might just leave. Revolut managed to upset a lot of them when they suddenly blacklisted many cryptocurrency exchanges without issuing a notice to users.

2 Likes

I think they use the Faster Payments services of PrePay solutions or some other provider like that.

1 Like

Revolut donā€™t use Faster Payments. Transfers to and from Revolut are super slow.

1 Like