Revolut chat

Try KL next, it’s the same thing for 1/5th of the price :wink:

2 Likes

The sass :joy:

Wow, I’ve entirely missed this. They’ve already gotten a banking license here??

Yeah, I think you would have to be destitute to not travel at all. Singapore is half the size of London, for reference.
Even Johor is only a short drive away for cheap gas, food, groceries, and staycations :joy: glad you liked the food. @TTJJ might sass us for being expensive but local food is still pretty cheap :+1:t3:

1 Like

I don’t think so. They are just preparing for the launch. I guess they will position Singapore as a hub for their Asian operations.

Sorry
Does N26 allow people to open an account in the UK
No
So no real competition in this context

1 Like

There are many customers in the UK who have opened accounts with them using family or friends addresses abroad, but it is still an insignificant proportion of their overall customer base

1 Like

Exactly

But to be absolutely simplistic

As a UK citizen you cannot open a N26 account and as such I do not except them as a competitor to Revolut who do allow UK citezen to open accounts

If it’s not available then it simply does not count

As a UK resident you cannot…

5 Likes

To be fair, that’s almost true! :rofl:

I love Monzo and use it as my main account - Revolut doesn’t compete well here.

But revolut business, is pretty good. FX fees are next to zero and I don’t mind paying £25 a month for the privilege. Our business does a lot of USD/EUR transactions so it’s really worthwhile.

If Monzo had a business account, it’s a place where they can easily make revenue. Businesses are happy to pay for accounts with great features.

3 Likes

Your comment pretty much explains why Revolut broke even months ago. Their freemium business model works out great for them in therms if generating profits. Their premium and business accounts easily offset costs incurred by serving some standard plan’s heavy users. They never nudge you towards behaving in certain ways to save them money, either.

They are finacially successuful and in my opinion Monzo should not be afraid to adopt some of their business soultions to become profitable in a shorter period of time than anticipated at present.

3 Likes

Whoops

Got that slightly wrong

Clive H

1 Like

Interesting read…

2 Likes

Financial Times: Revolut reports suspected money laundering on its system.

(Google :point_up:️ if direct link doesn’t work)

https://www.ft.com/content/6805af9a-8925-11e8-bf9e-8771d5404543

3 Likes

I guess this is always a challenge for fast growing financial startups. At least they are getting on top of it.
They will always be a target.

1 Like

Just read the article… nothing out of the ordinary here - they found some suspicious activities and reported it… how did that even made the news?

What’s everyone’s view on Revolut social media? Came across this today… :sweat_smile:

https://twitter.com/revolutapp/status/1019920854342389761?s=21

I’ve noticed they can be quite blunt with customers sometimes like in a sarcastic way.
This is a very interesting way to react to an unhappy customer though :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Thats one way to get a point across!!! some people just amaze me haha

2 Likes

Noticed one of the replies to that tweet was that Google pay is coming to Revolut.

1 Like

Revolut released Google Pay on Wednesday, which works flawlessly. Right now, only their MasterCards can be enrolled on it though with the wider rollout coming soon. Apple Pay is also imminently releasing, first in France though.

Under ‘Coming Soon’:

1 Like

Weird that Monzo apparently had a NDA but Apple is happy to announce Revolut on their website :thinking:

Screenshot_20180721-115429