Revolut chat

Maybe related to this? :joy:

Loving the blunt comment

3 Likes

A little update to my Saga. Iā€™m in the process of waiting for the Financial Ombudsman to investigate the case

In the meantime today Iā€™ve had a Text Message demanding I top-up my account in order to pay for the Premium subscription I cancelled (and had the privilege of paying to cancel)!

4 Likes

Disruption! :wink:

3 Likes

Revolutā€™s product is great. Customer service and most importantly, transparency are horrendous. To give just a few examples:

• Revolut advertise transfers as free but in fact do not explicitly tell customers that intermediary involved in the process might take portion of your money. This is true for both SWIFT and SEPA. At the moment it looks like a lottery for senders.

• Revolut customers are not notified in-app while carrying out weekend and bank holiday currency conversions about their fees. Sure, fees are buried deep in the T&Cs but how many users are even aware of them when all that is shown is just a rate containing fees? Not transparent at all and should be clearly presented to users in app before proceeding with exchange.

• some crypto exchanges were blacklisted but customers were not told even days afterwards, flocking to their forum and searching for answers.

• same with removing support for Indian Ruppe. One day it was just gone, thatā€™s it. Go find out what happened if you relied on it as they didnā€™t tell anyone.

• customer service needs dramatic improvement but instead what customers get are: application for US banking licence, share trading function similar to Robinhood and tons of other gimmicks which will draw new users increasing preasure on CS to stupid levels. Where is logic in that. Meanwhile, some time ago average waiting time for CS response reached 96 hoursā€¦

As a Revolut user, I love the product but for the love of God what are they thinking? Or, are they?

6 Likes

Hello Revolut users! Quick question. How often do you need input your PIN while using contactless payments? I had to do it only once, when used first time but must have carried out between 30 and 40 payments. Strange, as one guy reported on their forum that his card was used dozens of times for contactless payments after it was stolen or lost.

There is no set period as it uses an algorithm so will be different for each user depending on their transaction history and the current transaction attempted, incl transaction values and merchant types.

3 Likes

Thanks for the explanation @anon44204028. Still, not being asked for a PIN a single time in 6 months, in 5 different countries makes me feel a bit uneasy. Also, this storyā€¦

1 Like

Personally I would love it if a pin was asked for every contactless transaction, and if we could choose 5 or 6 digit pins.

5 Likes

hell no!

1 Like

So Revolut had a huge outage yesterday. Unsurprisingly, they only bothered to inform users more than 12 hours later, via Twitter. Transactions were failing, yet money was being deducted from peopleā€™s accounts, sometimes twice or three times. What on earth are they thinking? It is high time they did something about their communication and customer service.

3 Likes

Seems to be a few people reporting the same at Starling so maybe GPS problem?

3 Likes

Is the outage ongoing or resolved? Thereā€™s nothing on the status page for Starling. And tbh not surprised about Revolut support :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Only going by twitter reports. Curve would be affected as well as they are GPS

It is also happening with a Curve card (linked to Monzo)

1 Like

It can happen to any provider or bank. Informing their customers in a timely and efficient manner is not a big ask

2 Likes

Starling, curve and Revolut I think are all using GPS unless thatā€™s changed recently

2 Likes

But is it happening with just the Monzo card? Monzo has an in-house processor so Iā€™d imagine this shouldnā€™t be happening. Usually the # status page updates me on Slack before I even realise thereā€™s an issue!

Does anyone follow Curveā€™s socials? They might have mentioned if thereā€™s an issue ongoing- I tend to just use Monzo/ Starling directly so I wouldnā€™t know tbh. My Curve card sits in my drawer unused

2 Likes

Oh thatā€™s why Iā€™m having issues with Curve? But surprisingly what happens on my side is that online Curve transactions actually authorize, but come up as declined on the Curve notification (and no sign of them in the Curve app).

Free money it looks like. :money_mouth_face:

They do appear in the curve app but then disappear. I saw one added to the app and then disappear while I was looking at the app :grin:

I got 2 notifications earlier, one as normal, and a second one as ā€œDeclinedā€ a second later (presumably this is what reverses the transaction and makes it disappear from the Curve app).

Iā€™ve just tried it through my company (billing via Stripe), it authorised just fine but no Curve notification at all this time, and my actual card hasnā€™t been charged either. Free money indeed! :joy:

Now Iā€™m curious, what happens if I try to charge more than what the backing card actually has - will it still go through? :thinking:

Edit: nope, if the backing card doesnā€™t authorise it still declines. But trying another test transaction for a slightly higher amount than the first one (first was 1Ā£ which makes Curve think itā€™s a card check and hide it presumably) causes the following behaviour:

imageimage

(notice they for some reason believe the transaction came from Next, shame I canā€™t suggest a correction - credit card shows the proper name)

The last transaction on my credit card is actually a credit/refund (good job idiot designers for not making it a different colour nor adding a ā€œ+ā€) and my credit limit/available to spend hasnā€™t changed, so it looks like Curve is actually refunding those transactions and giving away (temporary) free money.

1 Like