Revolut chat

It was in the CEO Pay thread (which I’m sure you are aware of).

It’s a thankless task being a moderator of any forum (I would know).

Join in with the “banter” or “trolling” as it may be deemed, and you end up doing yourself a disservice… Despite how witty your comment might have been.

Then when you throw in the multiple ways the written word can be interpreted… and you end up with a potentially negative thread that spirals out of control.

1 Like

I’m not sure the post was referring to my comments :slight_smile: we’ve clarified this in DM’s.

1 Like

No, I don’t believe it was either (and I see you’ve clarified it).

I’m not suggesting you were intentionally negative towards the original poster, but by adding “witty” comments to the general discussion (which can be perceived as “trolling” or simply mocking the raised issue") you end up adding credibility to those people who were attacking the poster (as you are seen as a “leader/admin/monzo voice” to a degree…

1 Like

Ok. If you have any concerns about my comments in that thread, lets discuss those in DMs. I’m aware of the risk but at the same time, I don’t think not showing personality makes me seem very approachable. There’s a balance..

2 Likes

Another premium only feature. It sounds really convoluted too, one card at a time, 5 uses.

2 Likes

“Once your details have been collected, the hacker can then ‘clone’ them onto a physical card or simply use them to pay for purchases without you even realising.”

does Revolut not have instant notifications of card spends, freeze card and customer operatives to say you don’t recognise this transaction to on their non premium card ? :slight_smile: :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

http://www.cityam.com/282701/challenger-bank-revolut-brings-out-disposable-virtual-cards

1 Like

I had this problem when trying to gain access to my Revolut account. Remember the problem I had with Revolut maybe 50 messages above when I got locked out? Apple Pay issues a unique device number like your 16 digit card so companies don’t see your card details. It’s only accessible to you. I lost that card that I initially used to top up Revolut with last year and with it the device account number that I had no idea was important. Therefore I couldn’t answer the security question (last four digits of card number) even though I had the card number memorised.

Wouldn’t that be a problem if you were trying to prove your identity with the card details you paid with if you deleted your temporary card? Revolut has said that this isn’t valid for recurring payments, but sometimes when you order stuff online/ over the phone/ collect things at the counter they ask for your last four digits to prove that it is you.

1 Like

Well, you should have those four digits in your receipt, which I’m sure you have kept (just like everyone else always does) (sacarsm warning… )

Which brings me to my point though: those 4 digits are on every receipt you get. They should never be sufficient to prove ID. Mat Honan had all his accounts compromised because a “hacker” got hold of those last digits:

2 Likes

I like Revolut and the fact I can have a SEPA capable account that sends money for FREE is amazing, and it’s bloody handy for selling crypto. Bad thing - even with premium their transfers out are SLOW. Any of my high street banks I FPS to Monzo and it’s literally instant. Revolut takes several hours. This feels sketch af. Where is my money for that time?

Another cool feature is that basically there’s zero verification to get a UK bank account number other than having an address. I can see this being useful for non UK citizens and the like.

Also apparently their CEO is a douchebag which legit makes me less loyal to the brand, but can’t confirm that.

1 Like

Ok, so I had this interesting experience :thinking: where I gave my parents my Revolut and Transferwise IBANs & BICs as they wanted to transfer me some EUR :euro: from their home country of residence.

They chose to send it to Revolut since it sounded more legit to them (TrasnferWise IBAN is German :de: ). However even though I’ve warned them Revolut only accepts SEPA payments, they sent me a SWIFT payment somehow. Banking back home could be very confusing. :moneybag:

There is in app :iphone: warning that SWIFT payments will be rejected automatically so I expected them to get a refund eventually. Instead, I received the money this morning (they were sent yesterday afternoon).

Is this normal, should I be concerned about anything? :confounded:

1 Like

For one off transfers, I use PayPal. It’s not necessarily the cheapest but it’s easy and quick.

1 Like

Yuck!

:wink:

Sorry, but PayPal?! They are my last resort (and horrifically expensive - even my high street bank is cheaper!)

6 Likes

Apparently they do both https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/blog.revolut.com/swift-sepa-how-international-money-transfers-actually-work/amp/

Fair play, very well written blog

2 Likes

They have special instruction for SWIFT transactions with Lloyds IBAN instead. I was talking about SWIFT transaction to their SEPA-purposed account:

IMG_0676IMG_0678

1 Like

You’d be better asking on the Revolut forum. They’ll know the ins and outs of specific cases

I think my parents bank might have ended up doing SEPA transaction and just charging as if it was SWIFT payment…

3 Likes

My experience with Revolut transfers - both within the U.K. and SEPA - have been nothing but competitively pacy. I particularly like the fact that they provide real time confirmation of transfer submissions and completions.

I wouldn’t label the CEO as a douche - unless you can provide a source to corroborate that rumour - but my impression from his FT Interview is that he has amazonian demands for work ethic and results. The culture he’s cultivated at Revolut seems the polar opposite of that of Monzo, yet equally if not more effective. I have nothing but respect for entrepreneurs disrupting industries that need it.

2 Likes

From the interview with Monzo’s and N26 respective CEOs he didn’t really come across as someone likeable, but I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I feel like Revolut is a decent product with the only drawback currently being sub-par customer service (which they can improve).

2 Likes

I haven’t experienced it myself, but I’ve read others saying that their accounts got deleted due to criticising them.

1 Like