Revolut chat

Looks like Revolut VISA virtual cards comes up with 4633 instead of 4165 :thinking:

3 UK lottery websites declined my new Visa today :flushed:

1 Like

Also, in case you were curious :relieved:

2 Likes

I feel they have major new card number issues as pay at pump doesn’t work with any of my new physical cards either.

1 Like

I’ve just ordered the free Chromatic card but it says they can deactivate it if you cancel Plus.

2 Likes

In that case wait until outside the 14 day window and cancel paying 2 months’ fees? (If on the monthly plan, of course). I don’t remember seeing that condition before

1 Like

I’m not bothered about using it tbh, just fancied adding it to the collection. I have the standard revolut visa as back up when abroad.

Just thought I would highlight it.

Maybe they have added it to the terms after a load of this forum signed up and then cancelled after receiving the card

1 Like

They won’t cancel it. Haven’t any of mine.

2 Likes

You are the resident expert haha! How many cards have you had off them?

3 Likes

I’ve metal, pride, chromatic, premium and basic.

Started with metal plan, downgraded to plus after 14 days £12.99 spent.

Then downgraded to standard from plus same day I think and got a refund of the £2.99.

All cards still work.

10 Likes

It’s not hard to find BIN/IIN online checkers, but not all of them are accurate :flushed::sweat_smile:

Unless :monzo: moved to Ukraine without telling us :scream:

Results from bincodes.com about my :monzo: virtual card :no_mouth:

:arrow_right: Accurate BIN/IIN checker, in my opinion :sunglasses:

It shows that my new Revolut VISA virtual card as “CREDIT” card :grimacing:

:monzo: card :ok_hand:

1 Like

Nice collection.

1 Like

Revolut Vaults are playing up

I saw it yesterday, but didn’t have any issues with my Vaults :blush:

Elsewhere on the internet I read about the case of Ipagoo, an e-money institution that went bust in 2019. Apparently ex-customers have only just been told that they will receive between 50% and 60% of their “safeguarded” funds, the rest is lost due to administration costs.

I’ve never heard of any other e-money providers going bust and so had no idea how the insolvency process would work for impacted customers. But this’ll make me think twice about whether I keep more than a few hundred in any account without actual, proper FSCS protection. Safeguarding be damned.

Posting here as Revolut is perhaps the most famous company still on an e-money licence, and because I don’t know where else to post it

6 Likes

Handy to know, thanks!

Revolut can’t be far behind in getting their banking licence surely :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

:grimacing: not at the rate their compliance and regulatory folks keep leaving

Thought we might have had their annual report to peak at by now :smirk:

2 Likes

Very true. Maybe they’re having a refit :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It’s odd that folk seem to think it’s just a matter of time. It seems to me there are things to fix - whether they’re easily doable / palatable is anyone’s guess.

Agree. I think the bigger they get the less likely it becomes given the obvious gaps / press coverage. BoE will be super wary.

1 Like