Revolut chat

Not sure how new this is, but just had this email.

New USD Account and Routing Number from Revolut!

2 Likes

Nice. Need for wise is now removed.

Well I never knew they did pet insurance! Better deal than Waggel (Ā£8 for Ā£1k coverage), heā€™s a house cat, never left the garden, or house.

3 Likes

So, according to chat.

You can sign up to Metal (love the black and grey cards), get your metal card, cancel the subscription, and just pay the Ā£40 cost of the card which will work after your subscription ends, plus delivery fee.

Not sure I can fully justify it, but I want it :joy:

Also takes my spending from Starling :thinking:

3 Likes

Donā€™t just take chatā€™s word for it too, this has been tested in the real world and is indeed the case.

1 Like

Could I do that with the lower paid tier to get the fancy shiny card?

1 Like

Yep!

3 Likes

Ooooh, shiny! How would I cancel? Do I need to contact chat? I presume itā€™s the 14 day cooling off period?

3 Likes

Yeah 14 day period.

3 Likes

Oh, cool! I never used Revolut much. Do I have to contact chat to downgrade or is there an automatic option?

1 Like

Not tried or tested myself. I also like the premium card in grey, and itā€™s silver, probs no overarching cost to cancel after either.

1 Like

If I do it Iā€™d do it for the new chromatic card they have. It seems so shiny.

Second favourite is lavender for me

1 Like

If you ordered a physical Revolut card and downgrade your Plus, Premium or Metal membership, a card fee of Ā£10 on Revolut Plus and Revolut Premium or Ā£40 on Revolut Metal plus Express delivery fee of Ā£19.99(Express delivery fee price is provided in GBP, the equivalent in local currency will be visible while downgrading) will be deducted from your Revolut account, to cover the costs we have incurred producing and sending your card

Iā€™m not very clear on whether everyone will get the extra Ā£19.99 charge for express delivery, because thatā€™s not great then

1 Like

Can you opt for non express? :joy:

I believe the express delivery fee is for situations such as being abroad and needing the card sent to your location overnight as opposed to standard shipping to your address.

When my friend did it, it was just the Ā£40 charge.

1 Like

You just downgrade in app - itā€™ll tell you what the break fee is.

If you order a card for free youā€™ll have to pay it even if you downgrade in the 14 day cool off period.

When I signed up to metal it charged me Ā£12.99 instantly, then refunded it and charged Ā£120 when I inputted that I wanted an annual sub. No interaction with this either.

If I wanted the chromatic card Iā€™d have to pay Ā£12.99 - used to be cheaper for this sort of thing!

I also have 5 cards - 2 of which are the same personalised card from when they sent another after the delivery date was missed & they both arrived. Believe I canā€™t order another without cancelling oneā€¦

1 Like

Why is it 12.99? The upgrade fee + the card fee?

Also Metal wise I have the black one and itā€™s great. Not a scratch.

I only got it as the insurance paid for itself when I went to South America.

Iā€™ve heard reports of the Gold one showing scratches.

No idea, it doesnā€™t break it down. I havenā€™t clicked through in case it ends up ordering :face_with_spiral_eyes: but sure it wouldnā€™t. Part of me does want it but aware itā€™s a total waste of money lol

Itā€™s Ā£10, but itā€™s also a shiny cardā€¦ oh the temptation

1 Like