Revolut chat

Now, that’s a brilliant idea!

You would make very little off me :joy: put in the minimum top up of £10! I wasn’t going to be putting in lots of money before I got the card. But I’ve seen enough horror stories in the forum of thousands of pounds, so you could potentially make a killing helping all the stranded folk. I feel sorry for the people who turned on location security and got locked out while on holiday. Up till now we’re still discussing the card details that I used to top up yet no answer to why turning on location security kicks you out of the app :woman_shrugging:t2: I know I said Starling’s chat seemed a lot more cold/ robotic that didn’t quite answer your question but at least they were standardised and knew what they were doing. Idk if they’ve even trained COps in Revolut, it’s full of misinformation, typos, and misspellings.

4 Likes

I’ve noticed in these type of articles that our name is always first in the headline :grin:

3 Likes

Click bait :wink:

I approached Revolut directly about the topic of frozen accounts
The answer I got is that in majority of cases it’s down to the TC of the account that haven’t been adhered to and as such warranted further investigation
They assured me that if I had any concerns to get in touch with them directly
To date I have had no issues to complain about

2 Likes

I don’t think I’ve seen the ones about buying cryptos, one thread I did remember was of a guy who got locked out while he was on holiday on the Revolut forum and tried to contact in-app chat about it. Not saying that it’s an absolutely shit app or service since people have successfully used it overseas and it works like other fintech banks (but it doesn’t have protection, does it? As it’s not a bank), but the customer service experience is horrible and they really should sort out the chat/ train the COps.

If they take over a day to reply when busy/ two hours to reply normally I think it’s absurd to expect someone to reply within 30-60mins. Especially since I don’t get notified even when notifications are turned on for the app. I’ll probably just ask to email them directly since the chat isn’t working out for me. If I can’t explain what is going on without getting disconnected every time it’s unlikely that anything will get solved.

• *eyerolls to infinity *
5 Likes

I’m sorry did this happen to yourself or are you simply regurgitating stuff of a web site

A bit confused here

Because as stated before I have used and tested this and found absolutely no issues

Maybe we are talking about a different Revolut app

Ah I should have been clearer, it’s screenshots from my chat log. They close and archive the chat within 30-60mins, so I’ve had to repeat the security questions and repeat my situation way too many times, without getting any answers, and each COps tells me the number I have to input is a different thing: eg last 4 digits of acc number, number listed on statement, card number, device number with Apple Pay :woman_shrugging:t2:

I’m not disputing whether the card works or not. The card works fine. The customer service needs work.

4 Likes

Do you push straight away to speak to an agent

I think most Revolut users are definitely (and statistically) happy with their service. Even though there are a lot more Revolut downloads on Android than Monzo, it’s still rated relatively better and same on iOS.

On Revelut community, I think they don’t bother with closing/merging duplicate threads and repeated complaints hence it looks like a complaints mess. I am not saying their service is better than Monzo but just think it’s not that bad and in my experience, Monzo CS was not that great a few times either :slight_smile:

InShot_20180311_185523102

4 Likes

Yes, on my first reach out to support they told me to wait 24 hours because of the volume of requests (in picture) and it took over 48 hours to get back to me. Subsequently, every agent that reconnects asks these security questions again. Because they archive the chat so quickly, I don’t have time to respond throughout the day and I don’t get notified, so I have to repeat all my details and try to explain what happened.

4 Likes

I’ve not had to contact their customer service before apart from the initial activation last summer so I don’t really have a lot of experience with it tbh. I’m just immensely frustrated that I keep getting disconnected and I’ve cycled through a whole bunch of agents getting different answers each time. Maybe they’re getting a large volume of requests now since they’ve rolled out the free card offer and their CS isn’t this bad, but with this one experience it’s… really not a smooth experience.

2 Likes

Almost same thing happened to me with Monzo which was one the reason for me to move my primary banking after using Monzo as my main account for 4 months.

1 Like

That’s fair enough, a bad customer experience usually colours how you feel about using the bank. Even if you don’t experience anything like that again, I think banking is something quite personal (as much as people make it out to be all the features etc.). Plenty of people stick with one bank even if it doesn’t have fancy benefits or features, but because they prefer the experience there or are loyal to it.

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=%40revolutapp

1 Like

Update :tada: after a week of ranting I finally got connected to someone who didn’t disconnect and explained everything as best as he could :sparkles: still a bit confused why I was kicked out but he allowed me to prove my identity with my documents/ awkward selfie instead of giving me a rote answer.
Maybe Revolut stalk this thread :eyes: if you do, major props to Liam M, please give him a pay rise :raised_hands:t3:

P.s. asked about location security and was told “location feature is mainly usable while overseas but at homeland it might cause unnecessary declines”. Turning it off in the future :flushed:

8 Likes

I don’t like them campaigning to reduce interchange. 0.2% is already almost nothing and interchange is needed to keep banking free. It’s so low as it is…

1 Like

I think customer service really influences how you think about a bank though. It’s pretty evident in this thread (not just on Revolut’s part!) that a bad experience one time would make you reluctant to use it/ be more wary in the future. Especially for British users, they have a choice between so many fintech banks- customer service could well be the deciding factor between making it their main card or just something they keep on the side. Eg with legacy banks so many people bank with First Direct and recommend the customer service even if it might not have a bonus of say, a Halifax Clarity card.

I’m a pretty basic level user and just need a reliable card and a solid customer service in case I run into any difficulties overseas, I want to be able to contact them asap.

But if you really like Revolut and it suits your banking/ crypto needs, that’s good for you :+1:t3: just explaining why I (and some other people) may be put off. Revolut has more features than Monzo and maybe that is something that differentiates it from other products, so people who want those features will see it as winning out no matter what the service is like.

4 Likes

I use Revolut as I have income from the euro zone, for my situation it is a perfect solution. Don’t view it as a travel card, there are less complex products for that. For instance, I have a BarclayCard travel credit card - no foreign transaction fees, free ATM withdrawals, just pay it off within the cycle - all you need on holiday. In fact much more useful than Monzo with the paltry £200 limit.

2 Likes

Yeah the app is initially really hard to navigate. I don’t think I would be able to get a credit card with any bank here (don’t have an income, my credit cards back home are tied to my dad’s account), so obviously I don’t have any sort of credit history. I’ve tried opening accounts when I first got here but you had to bring in proof of address which I couldn’t do unless I paid off rent somewhere first, lots of other things which ended up being too much trouble and I stuck with the bank my university partnered with. Monzo and other fintech banks can cover what I need right now :+1:t3: useful if you get paid in euros, though. I remember people asking on here if they could do the same.

2 Likes