Revolut chat

Videos are cool and all but honestly most (all?) complaints about Revolut are due to things that can’t be done in the app and thus require customer support intervention, so video ain’t gonna solve anything there.

2 Likes

They’re up to something…

2 Likes

I bet it is either they have their banking licence or the launch of their trading platform. They asked customers for their opinions a few weeks ago by email.

My bet would be Revolut Metal.
I’d be impressed if it was a banking licence or Apple Pay.
It’s highly unlikely to be the trading platform given their latest blog on this asking for patience:

18 posts were split to a new topic: Millenials?

The email l just received suggests it’s Revolut Metal

3 Likes

In a world of mobile payments Revolut is launching a heavy card :joy: the only plus I can see is that it might be recyclable :recycle:

Got this email today.

Screenshot_20180821-174555__01

2 Likes

I’m quite happy to stick with the lighter plastic card. Besides, will it work in cash machines?

Card? What’s that. Is that like some manual form of Apple Pay?

2 Likes

Looking at the video for it here

I definitely don’t need this but my inner magpie finds it hard to resist

2 Likes

Here in Portugal the only thing you need to get an AMEX platinum is a stable income of about 1000€ month and be willing to pay the 75€ anual fee, so much cheaper than Revolut Metal and certainly more prestigious if that’s what you’re looking for

Doesn’t seem to be much thought put into somewhat harmonizing the requirements across different countries

Edit: as for the Revolut forum, they heavily censor it. Stopped posting there as a lot of posts would never get published without any notice or explanation from them. And when I tried to create a topic simply saying a lot of my posts weren’t showing up and it would be nice to at least get some email or other communication stating what the problem they have with my posts might be, that also never got published

2 Likes

So more details of the Revolut Metal card have been announced.

• Weights 18g
  • Looks to be coated with a black paint.
  • Has a £600 cash withdrawal amount abroad. (£200 on the free tier, £400 on the premium)
  • Free overseas medical insurance (also comes with premium)
  • Baggage and Flight delay compensation (also comes with premium)
  • Concierge (whatever that gives you?)
  • 1% cashback.

All for just £12.99 a month…

Anyone tempted?

I guess it really targets 2 audiences.

1. Those who want the metal card and wouldn’t miss £120.
  2. Those who use their Revolut account a lot abroad.

Failing to see the value otherwise.

2 Likes

Same really.

I do like the idea of metal cards (because: gimmicks - honestly I’m a marketeers dream)…

But lotta dosh to get one.

2 Likes

:no_good_man:

May as well go with premium plan unless one of the reasons outlined by @nickh

If you use it a lot overseas what would the cut off be in terms of making your money back vs paying the 3% fee for ATM withdraws over the free limit?

I can’t see anyone wanting to pay £120 a year just for a metal card.

Bear in mind that if you are already paying for premium for the features, it’s only an extra £6 per month for the metal card (I think?)

If there were other things like device insurance etc, I could potentially see the benefit - Although virtually impossible to regulate in different countries I’d guess.

2 Likes

Yup… i’m in this camp… To be fair, I actually quite like the idea of a metal card, patiently waiting to see N26’s offering when they arrive on these shores.

They’ll let your cleaner in?
Take your shirt to the laundry?

1 Like

I imagine it might be a travel booking service… or something similar.

Edit: taken from the telegraph…

The “metal” card, so called because it will be made mostly of steel, offers a concierge service that can book restaurants or concert tickets for the user and will eventually give cheaper access to airport lounges.

So… not travel booking…

Is booking concert tickets or restaurants really a big problem? To me it seems extremely easy and not worth outsourcing to someone else.

3 Likes