Revolut chat

This is what Tesla did last year - they split their stock into 3 to take it from from around $900 per share (at the time) to $300 dollars per share. This was before Elon Musk went ‘Peak Elon’ and crashed the share price down further.

1 Like

I think they are preparing for an IPO this year or more likely 2024

1 Like

They have just taken the opportunity to create 10 times more shares if they want to and stay at the same company incorporation value as far as I understand.

It doesn’t relate at all to a existing share value or existing shareholders holdings

3 Likes

I’m not disputing, only relaying what I took from what I read.

2 Likes

Metal card activated. It’s actually very nice, love the weight of it.

5 Likes

That’s what I was thinking :thinking:

1 Like

This assumes they release their accounts before 2024.

2 Likes

Did you do the cancel and pay bare minimum trick yet?

1 Like

Only a week since I signed up so nope. This time next week I should have news

1 Like

I keep saying I’ll do it then totally forget haha.

I showed my Mrs the metal cards earlier tonight and now she wants me to test it and see if I can get a metal card for bare minimum cost. She wants the pink gold one for herself to use for her monthly fun spends so I’ll be the Guinea pig.

Going to do it tomorrow, I may test it with just the chromatic card though first.

2 Likes

Don’t you have to pay for the card though? Sure I’ve seen it where it refunds your monthly cost but then takes off the cost of the card?

1 Like

According to @Carlo1460 you get the card for free if you downgrade to a cheaper plan then cancel the next day.

If I get charged I know where to send the invoice :laughing:

Til true, I talked someone else through it and they said:

Which in some shorthand they had a free month starting 5th Jan. It showed card costs at day 19 into their free month.

5th Feb come around, they downgrade to Plus on the renewal date and it didn’t show any card costs etc due.

Took payment for Plus then refunded with no card fees etc.

So reading that, they said the renewal payment hadn’t been taken just yet so day before your renewal/on your renewal it should downgrade with no charges.

Which would be 30/31 days from 5th Feb?

1 Like

When you go through the process of downgrading what does yours say?

Eg:

2 Likes

At the moment it wants to charge me tons for card orders, almost like I ordered three Metal cards… that said I’m only on week one

1 Like

Metal gold card on the way, I know I’ve asked 20 times but when do I cancel and how much should it cost doing the trick?

Paid £12.99 so far. :grimacing:

As of this morning Revolut is my personal fund spends account.

:crystal_ball: says downgrade on day 15, then cancel the day after.

Other :crystal_ball: says downgrade after the first month then cancel the day after.

It seems to be different things work for different people. It’s a risk you take. Or we’ll be stuck paying £12.99 a month for a year :clown_face:

3 Likes

I guess on day 15 check the price to downgrade, if it’s more than a months price of metal wait another 15ish days and try then?

Pretty much. I’ll have the answer next week.

Joke is I never even use Revolut

3 Likes

Me either :joy: I’m going to use it for my spends though, me and the Mrs take personal spends each month to buy whatever we want so I’ll use my Revolut account for that now I’ve got gold metal card coming.

1 Like