Returning An Amazon Item

Let’s say you buy something off Amazon, open the outer brown amazon packaging etc and find you want to return it. Do you need to keep the Amazon box/envelope it came packaged in when sending back ?

No.

1 Like

OK so the RM will just package it themselves ?

No, you have to package is sufficiently for it to arrive safely. But it doesn’t have to be in Amazon packaging.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=GNW5VKFXMF72FFMR

1 Like

Ok thanks dude.
I’ll see how I get on with this return. I shouldn’t even have to open the package which makes it easier.

Only thing confusing me is on the link you posted, it says…

Pack your item securely, following the instructions sent to you when you requested your return. Please note that you will see several printouts, all of which are necessary for a return:

I don’t own a printer.
I thought you could just show them the QR code ?

I haven’t returned anything to Amazon in years but last time I returned something I think I had to put a slip inside the package that they scan in the warehouse

Might have changed though. Just follow the instructions if you already have it, if not try to refuse delivery

1 Like

Amazon’s returns options have exploded in recent years. There are many different ways of doing it. I think you can pick from three different courier options depending on who has pickup points near you, or you can opt to post it yourself - and it’s the posting it yourself option that involves printing.

Last few items I returned to Amazon, I didn’t have to print anything. Just selected one of the courier options, took the package in, and they did the rest.

That’s what I did.

Scanned QR code at PO and it generates the label they stick it on and it’s job done.

It also entirely depends on who the underlying seller of the item is (buying it “from Amazon” is different to buying it “on Amazon”). I believe printerless returns are only possible where Amazon fulfillment is involved.

If it’s a third-party seller you’ll get an unpaid mailing label in most cases, hence why it doesn’t have a QR code, or provide you with an option.

1 Like

Thanks for the help as usual guys…
I would have refused the item but I had another item and didn’t want to send the wrong one back. I did jot down the number of the item I wanted to return but it wasn’t printed on the packaging so played it safe and took delivery. I’ll post it back when I get time

Start the returns process. It will tell you what options are available to you based on the item value, size, location and likely many more factors. Each option will say if it needs a printer or not. They are specific options for your return. There is little more to say here.

4 Likes

If only…

6 Likes

It’s starting to paint a picture of why they’re now banned from asking questions on Amazon :sweat_smile: Hopefully there’s a lesson to be learnt in all of this.

1 Like

Yeah, don’t ask questions :rofl:

Fairly sure the ban was because of reviews ( this is what the email said ) however seems to be a blanket ban on all contribution other than buying.

Not a problem i’ll only buy things I can get reviews from elsewhere