Renting issues

Back in the day when I was a normal person, I used to pay my rent on the day it was due, irrespective of when I got paid.

If you leave without notice, you might lose any rent you’ve paid in advance (if it is paid in advance in your case). It should be made clear in your contact, though.

3 Likes

I normally pay my managing agent half of my rent each fortnight, it’s not as much of a strain that way as it’s not as much of a huge amount that needs to be accounted for all at once.

As for paying late I’ve never done it, only because I don’t want to hear my managing agent talk to me in a way that’s likely to upset me, which will then end up upsetting him. :angry: Prevention is a much better solution then trying to find a cure.

P. S. If you think about it your landlord is giving you a interest free loan every month.

1 Like

That’s not how I pay mine. There is a date that my landlord sets that my rent is due, and I pay by that date every month. It doesn’t matter when I get paid, it matters what date the rent is due. If I would be a single day past that date then I would be overdue, and that would be my problem not theirs.

It is my responsibility to budget to make sure that I have rent money set aside to always pay on the date specified by my landlord, no matter what day I happen to get paid.

4 Likes

I’m not surprised the Landlord is chasing you with the attitude you’ve shown here.

2 Likes

My landlord (Gentoo) expect their rent due by the Monday of each week in advance, if like me you get paid every month on the same date then you pay the month in advance. They also allow a direct debit to be setup and mine is setup for the date I get paid, that ensure the months rent in advance is always paid and I’m always in credit. Even by the last week of my pay month the rent account is still in credit by 1 week. This allows for any unforeseen issues with salary payments, not that I’ve had any, touch wood.

You just can’t help some people I’m afraid. Everyone else is wrong :roll_eyes:

This thread is hilarious! Dunno why the OP got so defensive.

I’m guessing there’s one of either two things going on here…

• The op agreed in advance that they’ll pay 4-weekly and are getting unnecessarily harassed
  • The op should be paying rent on a specific day and is paying after that date as their payday is out of sync and thinks they have the right to do this

Seems like it might be easier to put the money aside when you’re paid and pay your rent at the end of the month

1 Like

Surely you just multiply your weekly rent by 52 weeks, divide by 12 months, and then always pay that monthly amount on the same date each month (regardless of your actual pay date).

1 Like

The OP has asked us to close this thread.