Removing the summary tab has made managing my finances harder

This morning I went to do my normal five minute finance review and found the summary tab gone. I found this tab invaluable and actually used it more than anything else.

I relied on ‘Left to Spend’ and ‘Committed Spending’ to understand the state of my finances. The fact that these were both calculated automatically each month is what made Monzo better than any other budgeting tool I have tried to use.

The targets don’t help me because they don’t reflect whether my remaining budget is committed spending or if I can spend it at will. Specifically, can I move it to another category if something unexpected happens during the month. The fact that I can’t create custom categories just makes the situation worse, because now Monzo provides next to no value to my financial life when yesterday it was really all I needed.

Monzo once solved a problem for me by providing he’s automated summaries of my finances, but now I have to go back to doing it by hand, which means maintaining another app.

What happened? Why has it been removed?

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: We’re working on a new look for the Monzo app

Monzo is using the linked thread to get feedback, and I think it’s important they see this, so I’m going to go ahead and merge this thread with that one. :+1:

Hey @Chris-wilson thanks for the feedback. Can you DM me the email you’re using on your Monzo account? Also did you signup for early access for the new navigation in the community forum?