Remove Monzo Plus Page

Ooh how much? Are you open to offers?

2 Likes

Damn, they expensive!

1 Like

Well of course, that’s how you know they’re magic beans and not just normal beans

4 Likes

I get that Monzo want to advertise Monzo Plus, but having the ad appear as a “card” in my cards/accounts stack is really annoying. It’s the first thing I see when I open the app.

I get it, Monzo Plus exists. I’ve made a choice not to subscribe, now leave me alone, or place the ad more subtly.

2 Likes

This has already been suggested. You can vote for it below:

How subtle would you like it? You can see the tiny corner.

It doesn’t take up much of the screen, true.

But the card carousel is one of the main ways people interact with the app, and indeed was one of the headline features of the redesign.

As such, it has the same prominence as your other accounts (and if you have pots it appears the same as your joint account or pots. Arguably even more in your face because of the shiny, high contrast design compared to the other cards.)

What if you open the account list? Does it show as a separate card too?

2 Likes

It’s not on the card list, no.

But yes exactly that. The design of the carousel represents cards and pots. It’s misusing that visual cue.

1 Like

Have you got a JA? What if you turn on ‘Show JA first’?

I haven’t

It is, but it’s left, where you never need to navigate and it doesn’t appear when you have them in a list.

If they plonked it in the middle between your account and your pots then I agree, that would be awful.

I agree, this is annoying me also.

Can I ask what do you mean by “it’s the first thing I see when I open the app”?

When you open the app you should see your Monzo card in the middle, with the Plus card “peeking in” just off the left of the screen. Something like this:

Are you saying that when you open the app, the Plus card is in the middle, something like this?

(The behaviour might be different if you scrolled to the ghost card before quitting the app; I think we might try and bring you back to the card you were last on.)

2 Likes

No you’re right, it’s not centered when I open the app, but it is visible to the left, as if it’s a card or account I own, which I don’t.

1 Like

May I ask how you stand with Monzo’s approach to advertising routes to profitability, from your investor viewpoint?

How do you feel, for example, about Monzo using data analytics to determine where to place adverts for maximum effect?

1 Like

I’m fine with Monzo advertising. It just hurts my eyes to see the design broken like that.

The “:star: Upgrade Account” button on the accounts list works well. I’d even be fine with weekly(?) feed popups (that I can dismiss).

1 Like

What if Monzo was to say the card in the carousel works even better?

I’m just trying to understand if you prioritise being a customer or being invested in the company?

I thought I had escaped this, but I woke up to find it has infected my account too. I also had a feed item, which is dismissed now so no problems with that, but the permanent advert is annoying. I also received the same email three times advertising premium and plus.

2 Likes

This appears to be showing more and more, it only used to show the zo before and now it is onzo.

IMG_CF9871EE1964-1

I imagine that it would depend on screen size and everything would be in proportion. The image you’ve shared isn’t central either so it looks like you’ve zoomed.

2 Likes