Receiving Salary in Current Account

Payroll here is handled by HR.net Enterprise Framework Version 4.5.0.0 so I’ve got to wait for someone to update a workflow - but then I’m jumping ship from First Direct!

Payday tomorrow, I had hoped I would see it hit my account today however it looks like its not going to :frowning: Ah well :slight_smile:

I checked first thing too :laughing: I think there was a post last week in the thread about direct debits being taken a day early, it sounded like the fix to stop that happening was also going to affect incoming payments being credit a day early.

1 Like

My payroll got updated successfully so fingers crossed.

And I’ve just jumped ship - but payroll changes won’t take effect until 10th of each month so for this month it’s old style and then…

Where’s our payments 1 day early gone :sob: @liamn bring it back

4 Likes

Haha! The good news is my money arrived safely in my account this morning - on the day it supposed to arrive.

4 Likes

I got my salary and expenses paid into my Monzo CA today - no problems. Have 20 Direct Debit’s set up, all will start being paid from 1 September.

So far, so good.

Just waiting on a TestFlight update with some more functionality! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Only because a lot of dedicated people have been pestering organisations…

2 Likes

Took the plunge for this payroll cycle. Received the push notification at 3am, happy as larry.

I must admit I did feel a twinge of panic… salary payments into my HBOS account have gone in at a minute past midnight without fail for as long as I’ve been at my current job. There were some nervous Monzo refreshes, a quick sort code/account # check, before I gave up and let BACS do its thing while I went to sleep.

3 Likes

Got my salary paid in this morning :muscle:

Edit: Mine also arrived at 3am

1 Like

Salary paid in from Natwest, so that’s definitely 100% working! :smiley:

Interesting, 3am also! :slight_smile: Monzo are way faster at processing my salary than my old bank ever was haha! :smiley:

1 Like

One of my DD’s came out at 3am as well - could it be that Monzo is doing a batch process at 3am instead of reacting to the BACS/DD event as soon as it arrives?

I’m fairly sure that is the case for the moment while the account is in preview. I can’t seem to find the reference here or in slack, maybe @alexs will have better luck with his awesome search-fu.

My regular standing order came in at 2:19am

3 Likes

Batch processing for standing orders makes sense (or if no money in the account, fallback to reacting to the first top-up event that brings the balance high enough to satisfy the standing order), but I’m surprised they’re doing this for DD’s. Hopefully just a beta/preview thing.

I’d also be curious about what kind of protocol/format the BACS/DD messages arrive in. Hopefully it’s better than the US’s ACH system which is based on uploading fixed-width files over FTP (I wish I was joking).

Liam’s comment’s a little out of context but the best I can do is find confirmation that there’s a batch involved in processing the Direct Debits..

1 Like

Yeah, I think the info about batch runs was in slack, and was too long ago to be retrievable. From what I can remember initially there were fewer runs per day, and that got increased, with the intention of processing them “live” once the current account is publicly available.

1 Like

The thing about my SO is that it’s just an FPS Message which are generally processed immediately. The slowness could theoretically be on either end here as they could take “up to 2 hours”, and I don’t know what time the message gets sent on the HSBC end.

I’m wondering if the “we get a file once a day” is a hard limit, in which case there isn’t much else to do as BACS will only send one file per day so no way to make processing faster as BACS is who’s slowing everything down.

Years ago my Lloyds TSB account used to credit my salary around midnight (often by 11.30pm) but for the last 10 years or so it was always around 2/3am - there were times I was desperately logging in and out! (Their inability to show updated transactions without you logging in and out is one of those things I should have put on the legacy bank issues thread).

1 Like