Receiving Salary in Current Account

I want to give this a million likes

3 Likes

Iā€™ve just looked at updating my pay to Monzo, but Monzo not found on the HR system :frowning:

Nooo, no more ka-ching! I love the idea, but ka-ching needs to die. :smiley:

I love ca-ching. +1 for ca-ching.

Off topic alert. Apologies.

8 Likes

Please do this, that would be epic. I love the ca-ching sound the prepaid app makes when you sign up, keep meaning to set it as my msg tone :smiley:

3 Likes

Tell your HR dept to update their records. Funnily enough, itā€™s not for them to tell you where to bank. :monzo: Monzo has a valid sort code. Tell them to get on with it.

6 Likes

I had the same, if it isnā€™t found they can normally add it manually and then raise a query with the payroll provider.

1 Like

Luckily Iā€™ve a friend that works in the HR dept so Iā€™m giving it a mention was we speak

2 Likes

Just updated HR, turns out the system we use just gets banks names added to a list manually, so theyā€™ve done that, and Iā€™ve just added my sort code and account number.

Fingers crossed it works :no_mouth:

3 Likes

Our HR system has a UI that you put in the bank yourself - its rejecting Monzo atm but they are going to try it manually

Our SAP system did not recognise the sort code but our internal SAP support team were happy to add it when I raised a ticket and I am now all setup for the next salary runā€¦

@dlegresley out of interest, can you see the address of the bank in SAP? Where I use uses SAP but they have :monzo: old address :man_shrugging:t2:

Just tried changing mine but they donā€™t recognise Monzo yet so Iā€™ve emailed and asked them to add it. Seems the Aug cut off was the 14th anyway. I have till the 18th Sep to sort it for next month.

Hi Adam, no, it just shows the sort code and account number on our system. From what little I know SAP systems differ widely!

First salary payment received into the current account - also come in a day earlier than expected! Not a fan of the amount being shown on my lock screen but no other issues so far :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think a lot of companies (mine included) credit pay a day early so that you can see it ā€˜availableā€™ on pay day. Something to thank legacy banks for :grinning:

2 Likes

Excellent to see Hackneyā€™s officers arenā€™t being overpaid and saving my Council Tax. That is annual salary, right? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Iā€™ve already had expenses paid into Monzo and await my salary next week. They use the same provider albeit they can be paid into different accounts so success seems to be based more on HR typing the account number correctly in two places rather than a systematic BACS issue.

I did notice from in-app help that DDā€™s come out a day early (how does that square with the 7-day notice requirement of the DD guarantee) and shifted a couple of DDs one day back just in case but itā€™s interesting to note @mark1 say he got his salary a day early. Presumably these facts arenā€™t unrelated?

It was odd as I checked with my colleagues andI was the only one that had been paid. So it does seem the processing is a lot quicker.

:grimacing: If only we got what the private sector got paid! :wink:

1 Like