Receiving international payments with Monzo

I cannot give you either but it is a problem for me also, the lack of IBAN and the inability to specify the exact amount to be sent in the foreign currency are two of the main reasons I have now moved to Starling which offers both of these facilities

4 Likes

Latest status is:

0 Likes

Yes

0 Likes

(Patrick Millais) #158

Tweeted this at the Monzo account yesterday… thought I’d just add a bit of noise here as well.

I’m really keen to make the full switch to Monzo, but I’m currently unable to because my employer – like other large corporates – requires an IBAN for their payroll system.

I’d love to start using Monzo as my central banking hub, but this limitation means I can’t start the switching processing. As a result I’ve just downloaded and started exploring what Starling offer as their accounts have IBANs.

Transferwise isn’t an option because on principle I don’t like the idea of having to pay an additional 65p each month just to receive my salary (the Transferwise fee for sending GBP to Monzo).

Appreciate there’s lots of complexity behind this, but would love to see this feature get some traction.

3 Likes

(Marcel Ruhf) #159

I’d look at opening a Revolut account (which is free), at least until Monzo’s international payment routing mechanism is fully in place.

0 Likes

(Aleksandra) #160

Hi, I wanted to ask cause I’m not sure and I’m quite new to Monzo - I work in UK and my salary goes on my Monzo account (in £ ofc), the transfer is automatic. In couple of weeks I’m going abroad for holiday and my next payment day is gonna be when I’m already abroad (in Poland to be specific). Is it gonna be any problem to get my salary because I’m gonna be abroad in that moment? Cheers!

1 Like

(Sam) #161

That won’t be a problem at all. Your salary will still be paid into your UK Monzo account, you could be anywhere in the world :grin:

1 Like

(Aleksandra) #162

Thank you :):blush:

1 Like