Really Dark Mode 🌚 - Feature Request

A lot of people on twitter tick the dim box.

6 Likes

That reminds me of:

Since then, the DM subsets have been removed, leaving only the current ‘really_dark_theme_enabled’ flag. I wonder which of the older subsets the current one fits into - it seems like it’d be the older ‘Midnight Sky’ rather than the older alternative of ‘Lights out’ - so a future additional choice, or two, of DM darkness could be a possibility?

EDIT: Just checked what flag changes there have been since sunset today, and in true Highlander-fashion, there is only one:

WAS: <boolean name="themes_enabled" value="false" />
    NOW: <boolean name="themes_enabled" value="true" />

So it looks like there is potential scope for varying levels of dark theme guides. Which may have been scrapped.
iDW_shrug

tbh, I’m totally happy with the implementation of DM so far. Amazing to see it in-app.

6 Likes

So is this dark mode called really dark theme?

Midnight Sky feels like a much better descriptor and name for this palette honestly. Really dark sounds like what they’d call something darker.

2 Likes

But if you’re spending a year dead for tax reasons, you don’t need to be able to read the text anyway.

4 Likes

Some people won’t be happy till it’s vantablack.

1 Like

Costs a bomb to licence that, I understand. Would have to settle for Black 3.0 instead (hopefully Anish Kapoor doesn’t have Monzo account, but) :sweat_smile: