Real-time money left over display

I’m a big fan of the feature which displays how much money I’m set to have left over at the end of the month. I use it to make decisions on buying random luxuries. I’ve noticed it updates every 24hrs.

It would be useful if this value would ease into the next day’s across the 24hrs. Eg, updating the amount leftover as a real-time increasing ticker. I think this would help me make better daily decisions and also make saving a bit more fun to watch.

I’m not sure if the left to spend number is calculated locally on your device. I think it may be refreshed at midnight UTC (so 1am in BST), and downloaded when you next refresh the app. So I think it might need a new version of the app to make it update in real time (or hourly).

I also doubt that there would be huge demand, but we’ll see how many votes it gets. You might want to vote yourself, by the way. :wink:

I always thought it was live already!

1 Like

I think they mean the time bar and the calculation (“it looks like you might go over”) should update on real time, rather than just once a day.

When i am in the yellow or red, I often find myself doing a quick calculation to work out what day of the month I’ll be back in the green. Then i try to limit my spending until that day.

A “you’ll be back on track on the 29th” might come in handy.

2 Likes

This is a good idea, although I don’t think they’re mutually exclusive. I suppose one issue is that the back-on-track estimate assumes you don’t spend anything, unless it takes into account your average daily spend. Might be worth opening a thread for that!