RBS plans on opening a digital challenger bank

(Tom) #186

Having explicitly asked both companies, via social media and the respective in-app support, and receiving the standard generic :soon: response, I’m not sure what else we’re supposed to do? It’s fine saying ‘just DM Tom’ (or Anne, in Starling’s case), but they’re unlikely to reply, in my experience. No idea who Megan is, unfortunately, so can’t ask her.

I’m sure it is actually imminent this time, but the point was more the fact that they’ve been saying the same thing for months, promising features which aren’t anywhere near being released.

EDIT: I completely understand about companies not wanting to commit themselves to something, but at least have a realistic response (ie end of the year or something), rather than just teasing ‘very soon’.

(l8n.me) #187

Megan is Chief Platform Officer and co-founder of Starling, AKA the woman to ask, and is very helpful if you ask questions. I wouldn’t DM or Email Anne either, no, I’m sure she’s very busy, but with other people in Starling i’ve had the completely opposite experience, which i tried to hint at but not say outright in case everyone cottons on and they get inundated by people DMing and emailing them lol

See my previous point. Asking ‘companies’ will get you nowhere. Ask people, one on one.

I get your point, but i fundamentally didn’t see that, so we’ll agree to disagree. As i said, there was a definite change in tone of their twitter waffle from what was basically, ‘at some point’ to ‘it’s almost here’ about 8 weeks ago, presumably when they were more sure things were almost there. Perhaps the SM messaging wasnt as coherent as it should have been, but i guess that is a result of a time with people going, new people coming, roles changing etc meaning that different people were doing SM. As i say, i can’t for the life of me understand why it has taken so long, but that’s a slightly different issue.

But either way, it’s nearly here, so that is good. Let’s focus on that! :grinning:

(lee) #188

Is there a date for Bo yet? Maybe they’ll beat N26

I doubt it since N26 design is on point and they have marketing down pat.