Bó (Natwest/RBS challenger brand) chat

First two withdrawals per calendar month are free anywhere in the world in any currency.

It’s listed in their fee document.

2 Likes

Also says no fees at all during beta testing.

I still don’t trust anything run directly or remotely managed by RBS. cough Cattles cough

Isn’t Monzo using NatWest/RBS somewhere in the backend to run certain services? Do you trust Monzo?

Also - I noticed they have a similar fancy chip design to the Apple Card. I wonder if that’s an actual design they’re using or whether that’s just for the pictures.

Pretty certain it is only for clearing cheques and that is a part manual thing, not part of the main system

I think Monzo uses NatWest/RBS for foreign transaction transfer stuff, doesn’t it?

Edit: found it

Yes, not foreign transactions on the card, but as a correspondance bank to route foreign bank transfers.

1 Like

Very much so, i can hope they are never tainted with anything even remotely similar to what happened back in 2007-2009.

Good luck to them. I was a customer for 15 years - their app has always been pretty terrible and constantly crashed, despite numerous updates and ‘fixes’.

In my experience, their customer experience was pretty shocking. The only upside to the two times I complained was that they gave me £100 compensation each time. ‘Take the money and stop crying’.

…worked to be honest! Haha!

Anyone get an email from them today?

At the end of the update

Not long to wait now…
We’ll be in touch again very soon with something exciting

Are they going to an open beta?
Signed up for early access but not been chosen

1 Like

I’m sure I’ve recently read in a newspaper article about challenger banks something about next month.

Yeah just spotted it. Getting spoofed warning on that bo.money. SPF/DKIM pass, DMARC fail :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Been using the card last few days now! I really like it!

Can you share a few screenshots of the app? I’m interested to see.

1 Like

Can you give a couple of ‘for instances’ about why you like it please?

1 Like

Just added m,yself to the waiting list (!). Should be interesting to see what their full offer is, ex-Beta

Hi @Lewisoc

What are you using it for?

I’m just currently using it to test it out and see what it’s like
Also as I don’t currently have a visa card (just Monzo and credit cards)
The Bó website is live now with screenshots

1 Like

It just has one image of the app unless I just can’t see the page with each section listed?

2 Likes

UI not at all nicked from starling :laughing: :eyes:

Looks promising though, moves like this really do make me wonder how much legs monzo have left.

May have been mentioned, but apparently RBS looked at acquiring monzo but went down this route instead