Discussion: Quality Assurance within Monzo

I’ve seen a pretty obvious grammer mistake on the home page , which would have been caught if it was simply read over.

I think your comments are valid. Currently on my iPhone 10 the bottom part of screen gets squished. I reported this months ago & they still haven’t fixed it.image

7 Likes

" But I see people working hard at this company every day, under extreme pressure and almost immeasurable challenges. We’re doing very well with growth, but we’re still a startup, not Facebook or Google with billions of dollars and unlimited engineering resources :grinning: "

I feel really guilty now :cold_sweat:- I know how hard you guys are working , I know you’re still at an early stage of your business life - I think we all want you to succeed , I think in these threads we are mostly trying to help , with hopefully feedback that is useful

6 Likes

I’m also trying to help.

I’m not a die hard Monzo fan as in I wouldn’t defend Monzo to my core. They are a bank. They are my bank and I’ve chosen to adopt them because I really see this as the way forward in banking. They will have faults and it is my job to challenge them in order to make them better. I think that’s how it should be and I’m not a religious person for that reason, because I question it all.

If Monzo and their team can stand up to our questioning head on and overcome our challenges, raise our questions for discussion then I’m all aboard the Monzo train.

6 Likes

This one is getting a bit ridiculous now.

I think also the Little Things that keep getting neglected (and all those I’ve raised, and I image @anon72173902’s, in this thread still are) also contributes to the overall quality.

2 Likes

I feel this thread touched on similar issues, so it may be worth referencing it here:

https://community.monzo.com/t/my-opinion-monzos-design/36932

2 Likes

I like Monzo, it’s my main account. I get it’s new and bugs creep in as with every app out there it is what it is and they get fixed that doesn’t bother me.

What does bother me is what I posted in the thread linked above, it’s the fact that multiple people report the same issues all the time and nothing (or appears that way) gets done about it instead we get things that (what I and many others agree) are pointless like #Tags, a broken pulse thing that’s been broken since day one, a broken unfinished summary tab and many other things that just don’t work and things most of us don’t want.

Like I have said before it’s the snapchat and facebook way of take it or leave it.

I think if this forum was here no one would really care about the issues, we would just get on with it and all mutter the same crap under our breaths at every new release or vent on the App Store reviews but the forum is here, we do care and we just want things fixed and instead of rushing things out use the labs properly and test everything before f̶o̶r̶c̶i̶n̶g̶ releasing things to us.

8 Likes

Are you seriously suggesting that Monzo doesn’t respond to user’s feedback here? Because I think you know better than that.

1 Like

Regarding the scheduled payments lag in the latest TestFlight. It’s proper laaaaaggggg I mean you could go make a coffee while you wait. My app also crashed twice.
I’ve submitted beta feedback with a video.
But that’s all part of being on the beta release :tipping_hand_man:t3:

3 Likes

No, I know they listen and respond. What I meant by that comment is that Snapchat and Facebook both release massive updates then users go mad, they listen and they don’t change anything.

Look what happened when Snapchat recently changed the layout, the world went mental and what was the CEO’s response that he basically didn’t care and “it will take time for people to adjust,”

A large number of people hate the pulse and want it gone, it’s broken and Monzo admit that (somewhere on here) but will they remove it… no.

The summary gets a lot of hate, will it go (or at least back to labs to get fixed) no.

#tags as above

Extra catorgies, we speak, they listen, will we get… from what I have seen no.

I maybe wrong but I just think sometimes it’s a take it or leave it approach when it comes to features.

One thing I do like now after using it is that IFTTT integration, that was a good use of time.

5 Likes

I think people sometimes generally don’t like change as they have to figure out how it works again.
Once they get use to that they like it.

Pulse will be more beneficial over time. It’s at least better than Starlings spent today pie chart.

Summary I think was released out of labs too early. It should have at least stayed there until it met the feature set of what it replaced, which it still doesn’t do yet. It’s fine to add new features iteratively after. I like that we get lots of small things quick.
Obviously there are times when this doesn’t work etc. But that’s for Monzo to judge.

4 Likes

Unlike the Snapchat changes, the team’s made it clear that all of those changes are a work in progress. There’s no point in complaining about ‘useless features’ until we see the finished product, in my opinion.

1 Like

If they are a “work in progress” then they should still be in Monzo Labs.

9 Likes

Not if they’re already good enough for most users to use.

1 Like

Agreed, maybe I (we) shouldn’t complain about it but it is a work in progress that could be confined to labs until it works?

6 Likes

I disagree, if a feature is still in beta or an admitted work in progress then it should never see the live environment until it’s pretty certain that it’s good to go.

4 Likes

Everything is a work in progress, that’s the nature of the product. Build the basic and keep adding to it.

7 Likes

It’s like buying a fridge for instance “Here you go mate take this fridge it’s really good” says the sales man. You take it home you turn it on put all your stuff in but overnight it cuts off for a few hours but it comes back on again and you just think it’s weird but the next day it does it again so you go back to the store and the sales man goes “oh yeah sorry about that we are testing a new type of motor, it’s just not finished yet but it works during the day so we decided to just sell it”.

How would that go down, not very well I imagine.

Yeah ok stupid example but still.

2 Likes

I think it depends on what it is. There’s multiple ways to do things here.

If that’s the case then Monzo should have never come out of its “beta” stage.

Product or feature releases should always take the same flow Design > Testing > Implmentation (Beta Environement) > Quality Assurance > Implementation (Live Environment).

1 Like