Pulse for Android

I always knew this would become an issue, especially with the 5 tabs…

Screenshot_20180212-195951

2 Likes

Looks like you have a fairly decent resolution.
Unless it’s purposeful look at decreasing your DPI.

I do, but as discussed over here some users may run a larger font. But it does also appear that iOS has the same larger font issues :stuck_out_tongue:

IMHO 5 tabs is too many, and I know that material design isn’t really being followed here (especially with the dropping of the menu) but there’s quite a lot of information on tabs

1 Like

I don’t think Material Design requires a menu, does it? There must be more to it than that.

No it certainly doesn’t require a menu, but a major part of any app development I’ve ever been involved in requires testing on different devices with different font size/screen scaling settings. What has generally been found is that anything with more than 3 or 4 tabs could be laid out in a better way without just resorting to truncated or scrollable tabs. I know it’s early days here so things will still be re-worked and fixed, I’m looking forward to see how the UI changes and grows with the bank and it’s features!

Unfortunately lots of apps these days are developed by users with more modern devices, often neglecting older but still widely used devices that sometimes have half the screen resolution of current devices (iPhone 5s is old, but still has current apple support).

There’s usually an argument to say that ‘these users are used to websites/apps looking bad, so they should deal with it’, but if you show the designer how it actually appears to a group of users, they will usually try and find a workaround as the app can be a big representation of a brand (especially in Monzo’s case).

5 Likes

Looking forward to tying this but when will the update be available

Thanks for reporting this. We’ll look into keeping the sizes fixed so this doesn’t happen.

3 Likes

Not sure if you missed these @cookywook but I cannot see any responses. :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Could you tell us a little more about the issue? We’ll see if we can reproduce it.

We’re investigating :slight_smile:

This was the COps update and the below is from the original thread.

@Frankiejr Ok, I’ve confirmed there’s a known issue with the Pulse graph not changing when moving money from Pots. I can’t say when it’ll be fixed, but it’s on our radar :+1:

Thanks for the update. Is this in addition to the pulse only taking 3 data points?

There’s two separate things going on here. The thing with pots is a bug and unintended. The ‘three data points’ is known and is how the graph works - so we’re not treating it as a ‘bug’.

Hope that helps!

1 Like

Can this not be increased? Otherwise you effectively have no accurate daily balance of any days have more than 3 transactions?

Though granted it’s pots that takes me over 3 more often than general transactions it’s not uncommon to have more than 3 in a day.

I don’t think the Pulse is intended as a way to get a daily balance (it’s certain never worked as such for me). I agree it’s confusing as I used to think I’d be able to do this, too.

You can export your transactions as a CSV and use a spreadsheet to get a running balance, though this is a hassle if you just want a quick check. We were ‘promised’ a running balance as part of the transaction details for the current account, but I’ve not heard anything recently. Any update on this from the :monzo: team?

Display running balance with each entry - #100 by hugo

We’re still planning on having this. But the balance will be in the screen for each transaction, not running alongside your feed. (As some payments may change in value between authorisation and settlement).

1 Like

Does this mean that the order of transactions from which balance is calculated may be different to the order shown in the feed?

ie. My balance is £100.
I make a purchase for £10
I then make a purchase for £20

The £20 payment is settled first, so it shows a balance after of £80, and the £10 payment shows a balance after of £70. But in my feed, the £10 balance appears earlier, so if I read the ‘balance after’ from the last statement in my feed, it’ll show £80, where as my balance shows £70.

If this is the case, this is going to be very confusing.

1 Like

Sorry, my answer was a little unclear. It’s more that some transactions will have more than one corresponding change in balance - eg. foreign transactions where the FX rate will change between authorisation and settlement.

2 Likes

Thanks for the response. So you mention Monzo intend to have the balance per transaction on the screen, does this directly relate to fixing the the 3 data points that is not classed as a bug?

Or are you saying the balance here should be an end of day balance and it is only pots not being reflected that is preventing this?

Sorry for all the questions, I am trying to understand where we are today and what end state is expected in relation to daily balance.

In the interim how do we get this if needed? Speak with COps in app chat?

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.