Progress update: Core App

Excellent news in this update :slight_smile:

Please please please consider custom categories in however you begin thinking about budgeting.

Please also do user research & testing when it comes to budgeting too. There’s been a load of good suggestions around the forum, particularly around Pots too that would make great budgetary additions.

I’ll always shout for a zero-sum style budget as I think it’s so powerful :slight_smile:

Can’t wait to here more.

5 Likes

First point: it’s in Labs, so I really don’t think that counts as ‘implementing’. And there seems to be a pretty clear commitment to not removing it from Labs until iOS is also ready.

Second point: different dev teams for iOS and Android, so probably the case that the iOS team has another task to get out of the way of higher priority before they can start working on pot sorting. This isn’t unusual, and in other cases it will be the other way around. Many of us probably remember the original Android app and how long it took to get anywhere close to parity with iOS (to the point where Tom switched to using Android so that feeling the pain points himself would help!).

12 Likes

@bruno

Many thanks for the update - much appreciated.

Any chance you could give the team working on Plus, lessons in customer engagement?

8 Likes

Thanks for that. Let me put an interpretation on what you said.

1. I read that. And let’s not kid ourselves, Labs is as good as implemented for Monzo.

2. It’s a cheap way to get around bad planning of having teams not planning with feature parity in mind. Other apps manage it, why can’t Monzo? And it isn’t unusual for Monzo, but it should be. And I don’t really care what the past was like, the future is a 4million+ user base who reads about a set of functionality that isn’t for their platform (regardless of which way).

I know why it happens, I read the same post as you. I just don’t think it’s excusable any more.

7 Likes

Most other apps don’t have weekly updates

Would you rather they held this back for a couple of months til it was ready for both platforms?

10 Likes

As someone who gets paid weekly, that has to be the biggest asset for me :grin::grin::grin:

3 Likes

Perhaps. And ‘most’ other apps already have feature parity (the ones I use at least), so weekly updates are mostly bug fixes.

I know this isn’t an easy thing to do, or rectify, but surely the bar should be higher than “hey we built something but not all our customers get to use it”.

1 Like

Just re-checked (without changing any other settings) and ‘Week’ now shows as an option in the ‘Resets every…’ so it looks like the server flags have been enabled or the :bug: squashed.

Regardless - a lot of peeps are going to be happy with this extra flexibility :clap:

2 Likes

Ok, that’s good.

I still can’t get left to spend to disappear again, something must still be up.

Awesome update as ever, @bruno! I assume the above is a typo?!

Is last Thursday, Friday of the month also going to be implemented?

If I logged in on an Android phone, reordered/hid my pots (when it’s released in Labs) will the new order/hidden pots replicate when I log in on the iPhone? :thinking::crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Custom sort yes, hidden Pots no.

2 Likes

Thanks Bruno, I’ve just read the last sentence of your update :man_facepalming:t2: Oopsy!

It’s not a typo. Keep in mind the latency of that API response only accounts for a % of the total time it takes to update the apps.

Can you give the raw numbers? I thought if you reduced something by 100%, it would cease to exist! I can’t picture a 500% reduction…

2 Likes

Sorry, that’s poorly worded. It’s 5X faster, meaning an 80% time reduction (500ms to 100ms)

14 Likes

@bruno are you aware of this thread with an annoying bug that only appears to affect iOS on the new layout? Transaction data for Standing Orders, Faster Payments and the depositing of cheques loses all account/sort code data and only displays the reference. Deleting the app occasionally fix the problem for a short period of time and then it returns. I and others have raised through in app chat but doesn’t appear to be going anywhere.

2 Likes

Great update and a bonus feature no one was expecting :+1:

1 Like

Thanks @bruno for the update. It is good to see progress being made, and I hope the next raft are just as good!

1 Like