Progress update: Core App

This is purely assumption, but I would have thought that features developed by the Product Platform team would never be paywalled, given that these are - by definition - the fundamental things that make up Monzo.

Still, I suppose it’s not outside of possibility, alas. But that means it is one of those things that would probably have me reconsidering my relationship with Monzo - although of course it’d be dependent on the details and wider context…

3 Likes

And new Savings page!

1 Like

Surprised Apple fans have got so upset about being behind Android on feature implementation, given that their entire OS is essentially Android but 2 years later.

>Hides<

4 Likes

Ooh, you little scallywag :joy:

The joke is on you, though, as if iOS is two years later than Android, it is clearly much more advanced.

5 Likes

Haha, stupid ambiguous English language!

1 Like

So true.

And yet, and yet. If you plan for feature parity (as much as is possible) then it can be achieved. If you start with misaligned ‘build it fast and whatever comes first comes first’ then you end up where Monzo are today.

Both are valid approaches.

My point has ALWAYS been that if you don’t tell us something is coming on platform A first, then we wouldn’t even be having this conversation.

Monzo either are striving and aiming for feature parity and it’s a clear internal goal, or they aren’t. My presumption from all their public visible actions are that they aren’t. Perhaps Monzo need to be transparent on that front. It’s all very well say ‘we want to be…’ something but if you aren’t changing how things are done then it’s just fluff and words to appease.

I don’t really care which platform gets which feature first, but the underlying msg from Monzo always hints at feature parity being on their radar, the reality is showing otherwise, so why not just say that already.

(I know fine well how app development works, I also know how PRODUCT development and marketing works, and how they are often at odds. But at some point, Monzo will have to pivot away from ‘hey we are building a cool app’ to focusing on how to ‘sell’ and market their product first and foremost, it’s natural evolution of a product etc etc)

1 Like

Any rough ETA on iOS Pot Hiding?

Given the new year is approaching (and I believe the final iOS release is already set), how soon into the New Year might this arrive? I, for one, would love to hide my ‘daily challenge’ Pots as the entire point of them is to be looked at in a years time!

1 Like

Current ETA is sometime in Q1 - not currently being worked on iOS.

fyi: we’ve killed the holdout group for new nav, meaning all personal/joint account users are now on new nav.

19 Likes

So the new budgeting is now being worked on in lieu of this feature?

@Liam_W will be pleased.

What was the purpose of having folk on the old nav?

If I recall, there were certain classes of customer who originally weren’t well served by the new nav, specifically around accessibility issues. Presumably/hopefully this means the new nav is now up to scratch with screen readers and such.

3 Likes

My personal recall was to ensure that if any problem cropped up with the app(s) that there was a sufficient number of real (and realistic) users using the old navigation so as to be able to rule out the effect of the new navigation

2 Likes

Yes, we did a bunch of work in that area in the past few months, @joshbrucemonzo spoke about that on this which.co.uk Money Podcast episode (around minute 19)

4 Likes

Two bits of feedback from my wife:

1. Would be good to be able to move money directly between sole and joint pots, without having to go via the accounts.

2. When you get a notification that isn’t spend, it is normally too long to fit on the pop-up tile, so you click on it, which takes you into the app…but there’s nothing there. During the recent redesign, there was an Inbox for a few weeks which was never used. Could we have it back, so that we can read all the notifications?

2 Likes

Such a shame from October we still haven’t had it.

? Android only got it in December

It was teased from Oct is what I mean, so from Oct to now how is it not on iOS? Lol.

Because fixing the speed of the app for iOS was deemed more important.

2 Likes

Now that’s done would be nice to hear that it’s at least in development :grin: