Progress update: Core App

Yeah, the PA/JA parity distance got one feature smaller today :smile:

1 Like

Ok, thanks for the honesty @bruno, it’s much appreciated, gingers** crossed for next week :slight_smile:

**FINGERS! I meant fingers, bloody autocorrect!

7 Likes

The challenge is not knowing what to do, it’s about prioritising the things will bring most value to most customers the fastest.

It’s hard.

14 Likes

Just out of interest, do you have a code freeze over Christmas? I think that the app stores mandate no releases for a window, non?

That’s cruel. :grimacing:

3 Likes

Next week well have our last code freeze. Apple doesn’t accept submissions over Christmas.

9 Likes

OMG! Would you believe me if I said that was autocorrect?

3 Likes

I looked forward to March 2020 for the iOS update!! :wink:

(and quit that ginger bashing too! :joy:)

1 Like

I look*

Sorry, to be fair and consistent I have to point out your mistakes too :sweat_smile: :wink:

2 Likes

Dagnammit! Petard… hoisted, etc…

5 Likes

At least you’re not on Business Accounts, stuck on the old layout still so no new features at all yet :sob:

1 Like

@Peter_G @Rat_au_van

Not to be a party pooper or anything but would alot of these replies not better belong in the hide/sort pots thread? :laughing:

Usually I’d agree, but given that Bruno started the thread with this in scope of it, then I think we’re good here!

If you want to DM me the other threads I could look at whether it’s worthwhile closing those ones?

4 Likes

Yeah sorry I went rogue with this thread. Now that everyone knows about the state of the world let’s keep feature specific chat in the Labs section :+1:

5 Likes

Will this ‘proper budgeting’ include the ability to set custom pay dates to for example, last Wednesday of the month, etc? This seems relatively simple in comparison to other Monzo goals but could be very useful for a large number of employees!

We haven’t share details on what we’re thinking for budgeting. Soon.

12 Likes

I’ll sit patiently and wait for the iOS update in that case :innocent: really probably should switch to the Android just always had iPhone

There’s a dedicated thread over here to discuss aspirations for budgeting - pop on over and leave your comments! There’s also some discussion in the Monzo 3.0 - what next? thread that you might also want to contribute to :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For me personally this should not be an issue in the first place, I recently moved back to iOS after moving to Android for a contract cycle after always having iOS and then regretting it.

You shouldn’t feel the need to use a different OS to get more from an app, this is the big issue that Monzo’s lack of OS Parity causes.

3 Likes

While that’s true, and while there are genuine long-term discrepancies detailed elsewhere, in this case it’s a choice between letting Android users have something that’s already been developed or withholding it for a few weeks from them while iOS catches up.

It’s not a full launch, it’s in labs, so it feels petty (to, me at least) that Android users would be denied a new feature because iOS users would rather it be sat there, unreleased, because they can’t have it at exactly the same time. :man_shrugging:

5 Likes