Pre existing Monzo current account features that needs further refinement or polishing!

Yep, that’s 4 more unfinished projects to add to my list…

Okay so stop Monzo doing anything new and they have to go back and sort out EVERY bug, problem, slight bit of annoyance before they can bring forward anything else?

I’m not saying I don’t agree with you that there are refinements that need to be made, but what other option is there?

We can both be right about this - to an extent, anyway - because it’s a balancing act for Monzo.

Right now, I think they’ve shifted too far towards new features, and neglected some of the basics, but I agree that they mustn’t give up on new projects completely.

4 Likes

100% - I suppose, at least for me, I don’t have any major gripes with the old stuff - it still all works well for me and I like seeing them exploring and testing the waters on new things.

Now if it gets 1-2 more years down the line and they still haven’t sorted those sorts of things out, then it’ll be a different story.

I’m definitely up for a Sweeper Squad though!

2 Likes

From @bamesjerry 8 days ago:

Finally: we’re not taking cheque imaging off the table completely. We just didn’t want to push it back a further X months and again realise that we’re actually not going to be able to work on it. With hindsight (and a bit more forward planning) we perhaps should have spent a bit more time scoping out what was actually required of us before committing to any timelines publicly.

Hey guys, I have been reading all the comments and sweeper squad will be an interesting idea. I am happy Monzo is trying different features and project but it would be lovely if small team is dedicated to polish all the unfinished or half baked features to ensure its smooth and feels like a mature feature .

1 Like

Yes a type sweeper hit squad could work, maybe they have odd days here and there dedicated to polishing some of these rough edges or maybe some Friday afternoon project work

One of the things ive noticed personally for this sort of thing.

Its easier to continue working on something than it is to go back and try and remember how something was coded and why…

There are 2 sides for this:

1. Would be quicker to have original project team make improvements
  2. Useful to spread knowledge by using “sweeper squad”

Not sure if this is right place to post, but please could you updated the split the bill/personal transactions between friends so that it has the option to add notes, so it is possible to add descriptions to said transactions.

I love being able to describe every single one of my transactions, but if I do a split the bill with someone or they send me some money I can’t have a description on that one. Just a generic pre set info depending on what they typed in. Thanks!

You can vote for this feature here:

1 Like

Copying the card number. When copying it copy’s lots of spaces in the card number which may be fine for some sites but all the ones I’ve come across I’ll loose the last part of the card number as it will only paste the first 3/4ish and I have to go back and delete the spaces and add the last part of the card number in. Could it just copy the numbers with no spaces?

5 Likes

Noticing a lot of new features being rushed out by Monzo of late. Are there any plans to refine and improve any of the existing features?

2 Likes