Pots

Not really. I’m sure my Nationwide Regular Saver has that feature.

1 Like

Hey @ojtsmith - I’ve moved your post here as this is simliar to some ideas discussed around ‘Pots’.

I love the idea! :clap:

There have also been some discussions about saving the change. Just use the search function at the top right (magnifying glass) and type in ‘Save the change’. Here’s one to get you started. Save The Change 1

1 Like

This is brilliant and I would definitely use it! Genius!

1 Like

I love this idea Starling and B already do this i love the way B works not so much starling if Monzo done this along with the cashback idea Monzo would be a clear winner.

:wink:

This is great, I currently use Squirrel to help put money aside and only send me what I need when I need it. I’m also a fan of YNAB’s ‘give every pound a job’ philosophy.

There are some extensions to this idea that could be neat:

• Consider giving us the option to turn budget categories into pots so we can stop ourselves from overspending when money is needed elsewhere / have regular payments go into pots.
  • Allow authorised companies to take money from pots. I.e. I could create a bills pot, and tell it based on my history that British Gas, NPower and Thames Water are allowed to take money from it. You might be able to speed this up a bit with some smart categories, i.e. ‘Allow Utility Companies’, ‘Allow Grocery Vendors’, and so forth.

You should really consider partnering with Squirrel. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It would be far easier to replicate Squirrel than integrate with it. I loved the idea of Squirrel but decided to just replicate it with a main bank account, savings accounts and Monzo as my spends account.

A partnership could take many forms. Like maybe a partnership could be in the form of Squirrel becoming a team at Monzo :wink:

1 Like

How about creating a savings bin in some sort of cupboard where it’s off your balance. But still get access when needed.

1 Like

Check this may not be in a cupboard but still good :smile:

@tomsr merge

7 Likes

Great minds, glad to hear that you are on the ball. Cheers👍

I’d rather not pay though.

This would be really good please do this (also interest on the entire account would be good!)

2 Likes

Pots with save the change would be great.

Have pots gone live in the current account yet? Just signed up for the current account last night and waiting for my card. Looking forward to seeing the current account layout compared to the prepaid.

2 Likes

13 Likes

Thanks.

Can’t wait to see what they look like in the current account. If you can schedule payments directly to them from the current account that would be ideal.

Has there been any news on whether these accounts will attract interest as they are more a savings account rather than a current account?

Exciting times.

1 Like

Pots could have savings functionality, in this case the savings product would be offered by another bank (although displayed through Monzo) and therefore the interest would be set by the other bank.

ie. you might be able to apply for a Lloyds savings account through Monzo which would have 3% interested - or whatever.

4 Likes

Happy days, will be interesting to see who Monzo cozy/partner up with for these. Starling are keeping their version (Goals) in house and you get 0.5% upto £2k total balance, so I believe also includes your current balance. I think this could be exceeded quite quickly and after £2k I think you’re at 0.25%. We’ll see if Starling add the recent base rate rise to their accounts.

12 days ago JamesPratley at Starling offered this response to that very question:

Hello everyone!

I’ve checked this for you and can confirm that, currently, we have no plans to change our pricing or interest rates.

Thanks

1 Like

Even more reason for me to ditch Starling, a bank for their customers (when it suits them). If the rate went down they’d be happy to drop rates I’m sure.

A bit naughty I think. Savers have been shafted for years. When Starling put my money out on the markets they’ll be charging the new higher rates I’m sure.

I currently use them for the Goals feature.

Interest rate is negligible really for amounts in there.

Looking forward to seeing Monzo’s Pots offering.