Pots

er, four? God job you in IT and not handling the accounts :joy:

13 Likes

I was just checking you actually read the words and not just look at the pretty pictures! :wink:

20 Likes

pots. look. awesome. Great work - can’t wait!

4 Likes

Looks great! This is one of the main features that would let me close all my existing bank accounts and fully move to Monzo!

18 Likes

Looks great!

Interested if some time in the future there would be ‘Monzo savings’ pot with interest paid.

5 Likes

It doesn’t look like it -

but…

4 Likes

I think this will be the first time I’m going to say I don’t like it. It fits really well in terms of having multiple accounts with different providers but I always thought pots were deserving of having their own screen.

It just so happens that Starling have posted up what they are planning for their version of this. I have to say it matches what I feel looks the best way of visualising this: https://www.starlingbank.com/the-starling-bank-roadmap/

I want to be able to see progress bars against savings goals. Squirrel.me does it in a similar way.

3 Likes

It sounds like you might be thinking of something like an adapted version of the target’s bars so perhaps this :arrow_down: ?

I’d be interested to see how / if the two features fit together - it seems like it’d make sense if they did…

1 Like

Yeah I think if we had this on the accounts page and a separate page on the Breakdown page showing the pots in the same manner as Starling/Squirrel that would be ideal. Maybe a more advanced version of targets that helps you divide up your income between bills, pots and current account.

Something else to think about, shouldn’t pots be like sub-accounts of each account. On here you show nugmeg. If for example the nugmeg account has 3 pots, are you going to show this at the same level as the other accounts on this screen?

I do like hugo’s suggestion of having negative accounts under there such as student loans. I’d like Monzo to help me with paying off debts too.

2 Likes

wow thats the best sneakky preview i like @hugo

2 Likes

This looks really great!
Will sharing the pots be an option so me and my girlfriend can both deposit into a holiday fund etc?

5 Likes

that is one of the cool features at bunq being able to create up to 10 accounts for things like holidays and saving and being able to share those accounts with other users, but they even allocate an account number for use with their pots

1 Like

Shared pots (or joint accounts) will be coming a little bit later, here’s the latest update from the team on that feature -

4 Likes

I really like this. In the Ideas section @Danthejaw suggested that there could be restrictions placed on them so that you don’t keep dipping in to the pots, and the money would be ‘released’ when you actually need it. I’m awful at saving so I hope something along those lines is implemented.

5 Likes

This looks really excellent! I’d love to see what is behind the ‘Rules’ and ‘Settings’ buttons. :grin: :pray:

I also echo the need for shared pots. Even if they can’t be delivered initially, considering them in the design would be good, so that they can be a natural extension of managing individual pots.

This would be absolutely fantastic! I think everyone has the need to segregate a little money away from the rest of their balance every now and again.

Yes absolutely. I limit spending each month on things like dining out, tech and so on, and this sort of feature would be invaluable.

p.s. allowing each of these to go in to a negative balance (where funds allow elsewhere) would be useful too.

2 Likes

what version is this one?

Really can’t recommend bunq - bunch of incompetents

I like the design but I hate the word ‘pots’ I personally would just like to see the words accounts or funds depending on circumstances instead i.e. nutmeg account or holiday funds.

Pots just annoys me

4 Likes