Pots - 'Fallback' Option

Hi everyone, this is my first post so apologies if it is a duplicate or being addressed elsewhere that I have not seen.

I recently ran into an issue with a savings Pot I created whereby I overestimated how much I could move into it to leave me enough for the month. Luck would have it that I ended up out and about and my phone ran out of battery so I had no money in my main account and all in my Pot. Without my phone - no way to move it back in to be able to spend.

I thought it would be great to have an option for each pot to set it up as a ‘Fallback’ if you wish, so that if you spent from an empty main account it could automatically move the amount of money needed from the Pot.

Thanks

3 Likes

Other than interest, this is the only thing I really want from pots.

or do like bunq do and have 2 PIN on the card and link the secondary PIN to one of the pots

2 Likes

Could you have used web.monzo.com?
That is a secondary access to your account for emergencies. Although if you were out and about you wouldn’t have access online…

not sure the web access gives you any ability to move money in your account , does it ? just balance latest transactions and freeze card ? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Actually I did try that using my girlfriends phone, before realising I’d stored my password in LastPass which is protected by 2FA. Yep… I failed big time and was totally goosed, haha!

1 Like

I think even if you could move money via the web interface, there is still a use case for this if you have an unexpected debit and don’t have (or can’t get) an overdraft.