Poll! 📊 Emoji Reactions to Forum Posts

Shh, don’t tell anyone but my Monzo Mole* has left me a secret message to say that the reactions we had on the forum the other day were accidentally turned on by Discourse - the software and hosting provider behind this forum.

But! They also found the knobs to twiddle to turn reactions on - if the Community wills it.

No guarantees that our wishes will be enacted, but I’m excited to present my first semi-official-kinda poll!

Do we want reactions back?

• :+1: Yes
  • :thumbsdown: No

0 voters

*surprisingly it wasn’t @Dan5

1 Like

We need custom emoji as well

1 Like

What emoji would you like?

If people vote incorrectly yes then we’ll need a follow-up to determine the options!

2 Likes

:+1::heart::joy::shushing_face::grinning::unicorn::bacon:

Basically yes

You’ll have to explain the bacon and the unicorn…

Oh dear, I’m the outlier with my solitary vote against. I’m not a grumpy old man, honest.

3 Likes

Monzo emoji
Prince emoji? :smirk:

3 Likes

Oh! I’ve been joined! I’m not alone! I love this forum! Think my number one key is broken!

2 Likes

They was already on my quick menu, lazily pressed them 🤦

But yes we need them, it adds to the posts by been able to react differently

1 Like

It’s a no from me, unless all emoji are available and I can react with :roll_eyes: or :neutral_face: or :eggplant:

But honestly, I think it complicates a simple system. Not everything needs to be Facebook

4 Likes

Been able to react to a post in another matter doesn’t complicate anything. Anyone who doesn’t want to use it, simply doesn’t use the reactions.

4 Likes

Likey - or - No Likey

Keep life simple.

Next, we’ll be having a debate if the :fu: emoji can be used as a reaction.

Jeez, love that I managed to get the fu emoji in a post. Without insulting anyone.

[waiting]
giphy

1 Like

So, speaking of which…

… looks like the masses have voted incorrectly embraced an emoji-filled future.

Now, the question becomes which emojis to include.

Thread your emoji suggestions below please!

1 Like

I think this was a fair poll to put up (I asked @Peter_G to help pull it together :man_shrugging:)

Think I’ll give it til tomorrow then the results will define the future of reactions…

P.S the fu reaction is a big NOPE.

6 Likes

I’m off to drum up support for the No campaign.

3 Likes

:violin:

4 Likes

Can we have Monzo staff as reactions?

If something is funny, it’s Jack.

If someone accidentally reveals what they’ve bought everyone for Christmas, it’s Dan.

7 Likes

Emoji means emoji!

You emoaners…

Can we have :deadpool-shock: and some variety of parrot

2 Likes

2 Likes

Hold on, @nexusmaniac voted against reactions? :deadpool-shock:

1 Like