PlayStation 5

I like the blue. Black or clear would like like cheap old DVD cases IMO. White would remind me of Nintendo Wii game cases.

2 Likes

While I must agree that clear or black would look sleeker, I think the colour coding has been around for so long everyone now associates blue cases with PlayStation games and green with Xbox games. It is a useful visual identifier

2 Likes

If they wanted to split the difference and go for a clear black, maybe that would work. But I think the white stripe contrasting with the blue case works well enough and kind of does a decent job or evoking the feel of the PS5 in a way.

Apart from non-gamers (:wave:, haven’t bought a console since the 360 launched) who associate blue cases with Blu-Rays.

I think most shops have separate shelving for video games and movies so it’s not such a big issue

That’s my thought too :laughing: makes sense if they have always been that way.

I can’t wait to get back into console gaming when this is released - think I’ve mentioned this many times in this topic now haha :see_no_evil:

Someone found some leaked marketing material that show a red and black PS5…

2 Likes

I like the look on the black much more over the white

Now that black and red version I like!

Depends entirely on what type of gameplay you’re into.

Pre order pages are all setup for all regions on Amazon as well as most major retailers.

Rumours are preordering will open very soon :soon:

2 Likes

Maybe that’s what Monzo are plugging for tomorrow morning

6 Likes

The Last of Us Part 2 just came out and it’s amazing. But play the first one first if you haven’t already.

Ghost of Tsushima comes out in 2 days and looks epic.

Aside from that, I’d recommend the entire RGG Studios series, to be played in the following order:
Yakuza 0
Yakuza Kiwami
Yakuza Kiwami 2
Yakuza Remastered Collection (3,4 and 5)
Yakuza 6
Judgment
Fist Of The North Star: Lost Paradise

If you haven’t played them before, then play Uncharted 1 through 4 plus Lost Legacy. Also would recommend Infamous: Second Son.

For old school throwbacks:
Sonic Mania
Toejam & Earl: Back In The Groove
Streets of Rage 4

I also hear good things about Spider Man and God of War, but haven’t yet played either of them myself.

1 Like

Horizon is very very good.

1 Like

Control is definitely one to check out

Skyrim.

1 Like

Modded of course

Looks like you’ll be able to pre-order your console direct from Sony for the first time and it’s restricted to one per household.

Also a mention of backwards compatability has been discovered.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/hu2cq9/playstation_direct_source_code_leaks_minor_ps5/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

4 Likes

Judgment is on sale for £9.99 on the PlayStation Store right now.

I highly recommend it. It’s definitely in my Top 5 PS4 games.

1 Like

I guess my list of games I own but will probably never get round to finishing is getting a little longer.

1 Like

Looking forward to getting the PlayStation 5 first this generation, after 15 years on the Xbox. After disappointment and disappointment with the next Xbox, and the sheer quality of the single player games that have been out on the PlayStation this gen, has really sold the 5 for me!

4 Likes