PlayStation 5

I’d be more surprised if you’d said your launch 360 worked. Mine went back twice within a few weeks, if I recall…

1 Like

Is there anywhere giving an indication of how many Xboxes vs PS5s that were sold?

I suspect they’ll appear here at some point:
https://www.vgchartz.com/tools/hw_date.php

At the moment it just shows the Switch outselling everything.

1 Like

Monzo mentioned in this article as a good bank for adding multiple virtual cards to buy up PS5s with bots. I’m still pretty annoyed about just how many of these consoles have been bought up by scalpers :rage:

It is annoying but what is worse are people paying these prices. If they didn’t it wouldn’t be worthwhile to the scalpers - so they wouldn’t do it.

I mentioned those ridiculous raffles earlier too. They’re just another form of scalping but everyone seems to love them :confused:

3 Likes

This is coming tomorrow. Would say that timing leaves a little to be desired but there you go!

I missed the boat on getting a PS5, so it looks like it’ll be 2021 for me now, as I’m not about to stump up stupid money.

The games seem to be made so you can buy on the PS4 but still play on the PS5, so I thought I’d get the Miles Morales Spider-man game for the PS4 so I’ll have something to play at Christmas and I can swap to the PS5 once I get it. Sold out. I’m not doing well!

I love spiderman miles morales - great choice!

Some games can be upgraded for free (like this one) and I’ve seen a few where you pay ~£4.99.

2 Likes

Is it not available as a digital copy?

It is, but having it on disc “should” mean the amount of space needed for it on the PS4 HD is reduced (he said, hopefully) as space is at a severe premium on there right now. If not, it means I have to kill off a game (and they’re all about 50GB or more so I’d have to re-download again in the future if I want to play rather than just being able to jump straight on it).

It’s convenience rather than cost. I guess I have to decide if the bother is worth the pleasure of the game!

Maybe the solution is to buy an external drive for the PS4 but I didn’t have much success when I tried that last time with a spare WD passport I had.

For those interested, I purchased a PS5 for my brother by using this site:

Obviously ignore the eBay links, etc that aren’t retail prices.

I got a notification on Discord at 5am on the 3rd Dec. Hopped onto the Argos site it linked to and he got it delivered the same day. No idea why people are paying these silly prices. Hasn’t been much movement in stock recently but fingers crossed another batch comes through soon.

A very useful website, but I wish it had a different name because I always get that song stuck in my head whenever I see that one word :speak_no_evil:

1 Like

Yep that’s how I secured mine ages ago and again for the Pulse 3D headset. Great website and I know others in this topic have mentioned it helped them as well.

1 Like

Finally bit the bullet and cleared some space. 53GB of Miles Morales is now downloading.

*wills the internet to go faster*

1 Like
1 Like

haha yeah I saw this :laughing:

KFC is my favourite type of fast food but I’ve never needed to save any! :scream: I imagine it will dry out and go rubbery in what is essentially a hot counter :-1:

Saw that too.

Imagine when it goes wrong - head to your nearest drive through & announce “I have a console to drop off for repair. And while we’re talking, I’ll have a gravy triple bucket please.”

Gotta admire their forward-thinking here :chicken:

1 Like

Or just a bucket of gravy :grin::ok_hand:

I had their Gravy Burger box meal last week with gravynaise :drooling_face:

Did anyone watch the Ch4 documentary about Christmas @KFC. Showed how and what the gravy was made from :rofl: