PDF statement for individual payments / transactions

Didn’t mean the screenshot as the only option, just to have it formatted in such a way that it would fit on the screen to give an extra option to those who wanted it

2 Likes

Cool that makes sense I can see why what you want would be really useful. Hopefully it’s something that can be added at some point.

4 Likes

I’ve asked this before but the thread seemed to lose traction.

Would anyone else like to be able to upload PDF attachments as receipts to transactions? It’s so simple but really useful, especially given that this is the type of receipt you will receive for most major purchases nowadays.

1 Like

Hi @GuitarXTreme I’ve moved your post over to here as it’s been asked about very recently so just makes sure it’s all kept together for Monzo to review!

Nice to see that others have this in mind too. I think it would be really useful

1 Like

I’m about to decide which of my accounts should I choose to make my monthly payments on my new tenancy, for which I have to send the proof of the monthly payment made by a standing order I have to set up. I wish to use my Monzo account for this purpose, but first I asked in the support chat if it was possible to have a statement for each single payment I will make monthly. The reply was disappointing.
Screenshot_20180731-173847__01

Shouldn’t it be easy to implement?
I really would like to use my Monzo account for this purpose.

I only wanted to reinforce the need for this feature so that the developers could implement it as soon as possible.

5 Likes

Had exactly the same reason. Monzo if you want to be my main bank take note :wink:

Revolut has the option to easily create a seperate statement for a single payment. This is very useful for reimbursement purposes. I usually have to pay in advance for my expenses at work trips (travel, accommodation, conference fees,…) and very often it is difficult to receive a proper invoice and therefore I have to attach a bank statement just for a single payment.

Another thing that would be super-nice is to create a statement for a bunch of selected payments or a whole category of payments. This would be very useful to claim reimbursement for all daily expenses (eating out etc) on work trips at once.

As far as I can see, Monzo has only the option to produce bank statements for a full month. This is already better than most other banks, but I really like the single statements feature of Revolut. It should be very easy to do and I think many people might benefit from it.

This is how Revolut’s statement looks like:
revolut

14 Likes

Totally! Will ask what we can do about this :muscle:

7 Likes

I like th is idea, particularly the cherry picking of transactions to create a custom statement. :slight_smile:

1 Like

We have an upcoming small feature about to roll out next week (I think) that could be applied in such a way where you could potentially generate custom and single-payment statements from it.

I’ll have a word with product.

3 Likes

It’s not just Fintech, the RBS app allow you to create PDF’s of any transaction in or out of your account. You click any transaction and it asks if you would like to create a PDF. Would be super useful in Monzo too.

TXN_000000_PRIZE_PA

9 Likes

Yes, this is exactly what I am asking for.
The feature of Revolut I mentioned is very similar but their PDF looks more like an official letter, which is preferable in my opinion.

Just curious as to why a screenshot of the transaction detail view wouldn’t be work? That’s what I always do for my expenses.

If by transaction detail view you mean the information you get when you click on a transaction, then I am sure, my University would not accept this. There is no address, no contact detail of Monzo or something like this, there is not even my Name on it.
Revolut’s statement, I can simply attach without additional itinerary anything. I will add a picture how it looks like to my original post.

4 Likes

Could you try it anyway though? What do you have to loose?

Different businesses require different levels of proof from claiming back money especially when the money is public money. I work in a school and as I teach every type of subject I sometimes purchase items for my class which I can get reimbursed for (think buying perishable materials for a Science lesson).

I know for a fact my school wouldn’t accept a screenshot from my Monzo app as proof of a purchase as it would have to pass being audited by the Local Authority. They have only recently started to accept emailed receipts!

4 Likes

Hey all :wave:I’m an engineer on the Product team.

I’d love to see this feature as well. I will check on Tuesday if it’s something we have in our backlog already.

It might not be too much extra effort to add this, given that we’ve already completed our work on bank statements (famous last words).

11 Likes

Statements that we provide need to be a full and accurate picture of what happened on your account (otherwise the numbers wouldn’t add up!). So I’m not sure that we could selectively exclude items from a statement.

That being said, issuing statements for a single transaction is a feature offered by most banks, and definitely one we should consider too!

8 Likes

Any update on this?