PDF statement for individual payments / transactions

Yes. It is handy in numerous use cases.

Hi,

Any update on that? :drooling_face:

It is a feature that every once in a while you do need - e.g. estate agents often asked for such a statement to show that the deposit/rent/etc. was paid.

Revolut makes a good job of simply having a ‘Statement’ button which generates a single page PDF with the transaction details (works on incoming and outgoing funds as well as currency exchanges). :page_facing_up:

:monzo: is a great bank for most day-to-day usage. It prompts to ‘Make Monzo my main account’ but it is these (wrote about a few in other posts) small but significant details that make the 100% commitment so far impossible. :disappointed:

1 Like

Hi @Aleanthor ,

I beilive if you ask in app support they can generate this for you even though the option isn’t there within the app. I’m sure they or someone else can confirm though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

RBS app has this too its very useful! Would be cool to see this in I agree. As @Jackcrwhitney says customer support should be able to help you out!

3 Likes

Just messaged them and we will see. Would be good to not waste their time for such trivial matters :wink:

3 Likes

Hi there @glasgow and @Jackcrwhitney, :grinning:

Sadly, customer support can’t help there. :disappointed_relieved: That’s their response:
IMG_3172

So, for now, I will have to keep using another bank to pay my rent and some other malicious fees. :money_with_wings:

It is one of many ‘little’ things which make it so far impossible for :monzo: being my sole banking solution. I wrote about those in a few articles - maybe it would be a good idea to have a list? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Best, AT

6 Likes

Out of interest what effect does it have displaying a few extra transactions?
Surely setting it to a day and giving that export as proof would still be accepted?

Hopefully they create a big list Version 2 and includecsontging like this in that :slight_smile:

Hi,

I’m sure it might be accepted but there is a lot more info on the Monzo daily statement that I am willing to share.

:monzo: daily balance in comparison to a ‘payment confirmation’:

• has balance info
  • has a list of all transaction on the day (not something I want to share in most cases)
  • has total outgoing & incoming
  • does not have the ‘Reference’ used for the faster payment

Payment%20Confirmation-65a%20West%20Ham%20Lane-Rent%20for%20September_Redacted

Monzo_Bank_Statement_2018_07_28_065222_Redacted
Revolut
Had to do some retractions to post on a public forum

Indeed, I can do retractions to send via email the daily statement but that means:
a) I cannot do it solely on my phone (I don’t have an app for that)
b) it is way more hassles than competitors

Best, AT

2 Likes

Is it a statement you really want or the Barclays style payment confirmation page with references? I can definitely see the the second being very useful, to tap on a payment and get something like that you could download or screen shot

4 Likes

It’s very useful being able to have a pdf payment confirmation/single transaction!

5 Likes

A Barclays style payment confirmation or a Revolut style single transaction statement - the name here doesn’t really matter. Simply something which shows the single transaction without giving balance info.

I’m sorry but a screenshot look very unprofessional.

3 Likes

Didn’t mean the screenshot as the only option, just to have it formatted in such a way that it would fit on the screen to give an extra option to those who wanted it

2 Likes

Cool that makes sense I can see why what you want would be really useful. Hopefully it’s something that can be added at some point.

4 Likes

I’ve asked this before but the thread seemed to lose traction.

Would anyone else like to be able to upload PDF attachments as receipts to transactions? It’s so simple but really useful, especially given that this is the type of receipt you will receive for most major purchases nowadays.

1 Like

Hi @GuitarXTreme I’ve moved your post over to here as it’s been asked about very recently so just makes sure it’s all kept together for Monzo to review!

Nice to see that others have this in mind too. I think it would be really useful

1 Like

I’m about to decide which of my accounts should I choose to make my monthly payments on my new tenancy, for which I have to send the proof of the monthly payment made by a standing order I have to set up. I wish to use my Monzo account for this purpose, but first I asked in the support chat if it was possible to have a statement for each single payment I will make monthly. The reply was disappointing.
Screenshot_20180731-173847__01

Shouldn’t it be easy to implement?
I really would like to use my Monzo account for this purpose.

I only wanted to reinforce the need for this feature so that the developers could implement it as soon as possible.

5 Likes

Had exactly the same reason. Monzo if you want to be my main bank take note :wink:

Revolut has the option to easily create a seperate statement for a single payment. This is very useful for reimbursement purposes. I usually have to pay in advance for my expenses at work trips (travel, accommodation, conference fees,…) and very often it is difficult to receive a proper invoice and therefore I have to attach a bank statement just for a single payment.

Another thing that would be super-nice is to create a statement for a bunch of selected payments or a whole category of payments. This would be very useful to claim reimbursement for all daily expenses (eating out etc) on work trips at once.

As far as I can see, Monzo has only the option to produce bank statements for a full month. This is already better than most other banks, but I really like the single statements feature of Revolut. It should be very easy to do and I think many people might benefit from it.

This is how Revolut’s statement looks like:
revolut

14 Likes

Totally! Will ask what we can do about this :muscle:

7 Likes