Paypal needs 'more information' to withdraw to Monzo

Hi there,

I’ve just set up my Monzo current account with Paypal, which all seemed to go fine: they deposited 0.01 in my account and I verified I was the owner of it etc etc

However, when I try to withdraw some of my funds, I’m being told that PP needs “more information” and will re-direct my withdrawal to their ‘Classic’ site. I try making a withdrawal from there, and nothing happens. The page refreshes without any funds being withdrawn and I get no more messages of any kind.

Anyone else had this problem? I’m wondering if it’s because the default currency of the account is USD. That hasn’t caused issues when withdrawing to my existing Current Account (a conversion fee is applied), but I’m wondering if the same applies to Monzo.

Thanks in advance

This is likely to be the issue, as receiving international currencies into Monzo is not yet fully reliable. Should be fixed :soon:

1 Like

Thanks for the reply on this - much appreciated.

Reading through that link, am I right in thinking then that I switch the standard currency of my PP account into GBP, I should be ok?

1 Like

I would expect so - my Paypal account is in GBP and I have not had any issues withdrawing to Monzo.

2 Likes

However, when I try to withdraw some of my funds, I’m being told that PP needs “more information” and will re-direct my withdrawal to their ‘Classic’ site. I try making a withdrawal from there, and nothing happens. The page refreshes without any funds being withdrawn and I get no more messages of any kind.

That’s a PayPal bug - nothing to do with Monzo.

Have you tried deleting & re-adding your account on PayPal?

1 Like

Looks like you’re right - I’m still getting the same issue even after I’ve converted funds to GBP.

I’ll submit a support request over there …

1 Like

MortimerJazz[Morty]

… when I try to withdraw some of my funds, I’m being told that PP needs “more information” and will re-direct my withdrawal to their ‘Classic’ site. I try making a withdrawal from there, and nothing happens. The page refreshes without any funds being withdrawn and I get no more messages of any kind
Anyone else had this problem? …
2d

Had the same issue couple of weeks ago. Kept trying…and trying everyday for 5 days. In the end, searched the paypal help, which gave me a code and said phone Paypal support.
Phoned Paypal. Support staff did something at their end, then asked me to try it while she was on the line. Hey presto!. It went through, but message appeared on screen saying it will take 2-3 working days due to Paypal review. It did eventually reach bank account (Halifax Bank) after 2 working days or so.

My Mastercard default currency is set to USD in PayPal, can I withdraw to the card in usd from paypal and let the bank do the conversion?

What does it say at the PayPal end?

If PayPal are not prepared to allow a withdrawal in USD to a GBP bank account, I think you’ll find that they (PayPal) will do the conversion first.

I can see why you would prefer Monzo to, however, it is not a debit card transaction, so unlikely to work how you wish it to, imo.

In activity it shows withdrawal is ‘Refused’