Pay someone with a link gone from labs?

(Peter Shillito) #8

This is a new feature being tested in Monzo Labs. Go to Account tab, then tap your name at the top. At the bottom is “Monzo Labs” and then turn on “send money by text or email”. When that is on, go to the “Payments” tab and the third option down is “Send money by text or email”. These steps are from iOS, Android may differ.

(James Wheatley) #9

This has been removed from my app. Recent beta version.

It is no longer in my labs sadly

Can anyone else confirm it has also gone from there app?
Maybe an update from Monzo would be nice if it is going live or decided that it isn’t worth it?

(Peter Shillito) #11

Okay. It may get launched proper soon then. I can still see it in my app…

(Emma (still not the app)) #12

Yep still on mine (iOS)

I only have

Monzo data export
and
Share Card Replacement

in my labs
(I am on android)

(James Wheatley) #14

Are you on the beta version?

Yes

(James Wheatley) #16

I’m guessing it has either been removed due to some issues, they have messed up the beta version or they are getting ready to release in the next full update. Maybe @simonb can shed some light on it?

(Bruno Sousa) #17

I’m on the beta channel (android) and I’ve used it this morning.

However doesn’t seem to work as it should, as my colleague clicked the link, filled the details and on my side I got a declined transaction.

In contact with support in case they know something about it.

(Emma (still not the app)) #18

I’ve asked in slack, if I get an answer i’ll post it here but it has been removed from latest beta on android

(Jack) #19

Always worth trying an app reinstall

(Bruno Sousa) #20

You’re right!

It’s been done recently though as I’ve used it this morning around 9.30am, so anywhere between then and now.

Just checked labs and the feature is indeed gone from there.

Okay I am glad it is not just me.
Did it about a week ago and literally just tried to do it so odd I managed to pick the day it went/couple of hours.

(Bruno Sousa) #22

Talk about coincidences!

(James Wheatley) #23

I did think Labs was normally a server-side switch, my guess they have been having issues.

Looks like it might be a few people/everyone so might hold off unistalling for now but thank you

Probably very unrelated by a lot of applications I use at work and university have all gone down in the last 24 hours and have all cited issues with the cloud.
Might just be a coincidence but is 5 companies that to my knowledge are not connected

Looks like a bug :see_no_evil: I’m not at work yet but it’s gone from my internal release but I’m pretty sure it’s not intentional.

(Emma (still not the app)) #27

Got an answer

It’s because it’s being rolled out for some users on iOS outside labs and so is automatically removed from android labs as they are unified. It’ll be rolled out on android soon

Monzo Labs: Pay anyone by text or email