Pay on the go using Monzo with Apple Pay

If the transactions are made on the Apple Watch; they unfortunately will not appear on the phone. Each are treated as separate devices and in affect different cards; for security reasons

1 Like

I forgot my Monzo at home before I went to Wales for a wedding. Saw the Apple Pay announcement while away and being to set it up without the actual card was amazing, saved me from a penniless trip. :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

Just spent my first pounds using Apple Pay at a Paris restaurant. Worked perfectly. I had forgotten how convenient Apple Pay is.

Has anyone figured out what’s the best way to avoid double notifications? Monzo suggests to mute Wallet notifications but what will happen to my boarding pass and loyalty card notifications? Wouldn’t want to mute those!

You can turn off just the Monzo wallet notifications by turning off transaction history for your Monzo card in the wallet app.

Go to the wallet app, tap the Monzo card, tap the ‘i’ in the bottom right corner, head to transaction history and turn the toggle off.

You won’t be able to see your previous transactions in the wallet app anymore, but I find the Monzo app to be better for that anyway.

9 Likes

I’ll try it, thanks! Maybe this should be clearer on Monzo’s Apple Pay FAQ

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from Apple Pay AT LAST:

Anybody else having problems with TFL using apple pay?

Realized I got charged more for my last trips with TFL (thanks, spending notifications from Monzo! :slight_smile: ). When I went to the TFL account I saw that my last trips where unfinished. Instead of having 1 trip with a beginning and an end I got 2 trips from beginning to unknown and from unkonw to my final destination.

One thing iI found out: even though it’s the same card, trips paid with Apple Pay are listed as separate journeys from trips paid via physical card. If you touch in with the physical card and out with apple pay it won’t count as 1 trip.

But even beyond that, I am doubting if apple pay with Monzo ever counts as 1 trip? :sweat_smile: Just wanted to check if this has happened to someone else as well?

2 Likes

Apple Pay are listed as separate journeys from trips paid via physical card

This is expected; Apple Pay devices have their own card number - in fact even an iPhone and an Apple Watch with the same card added would have a different card number.

As far as the unfinished trips issue, it looks like the Apple Pay card changed numbers midway through your trip for some reason (Monzo doing some updates on the backend?)…

2 Likes

I just used Apple Pay in a cafe in Istanbul. It made me so happy. I forgot how much fun it is.

Well done Monzo. It was totally worth the wait.

(And yes, switching off transaction history in Wallet removes the duplicate notification)

6 Likes

Is that one meal or two? Just curious, McDonalds have variable pricing, and I’ve wondered what the highest price McDonalds meal is :stuck_out_tongue:

(I paid around £7.30 for 9 nuggets, large fries and large shake in St Albans a few months ago. I was shellshocked.)

Been using it loads but it’s annoying that TfL history doesn’t show now.

It was two :smiley: A medium signature collection classic meal with milkshake for me and a sweet chilli chicken wrap meal for my mum. But my milkshake was upgraded to a large for free as they claimed they didn’t have any medium ones! :joy:

2 Likes

Payed fine with Monzo on Apple Pay. For some reason though my Apple Pay transactions are not appearing in the transactions history (from the same device)

Haha old habits, still calling them by their old name :sweat_smile:

1 Like

A dark day indeed for us Android users. How else are we to gloat over our iOS oppressors?

2 Likes

I don’t think that was ever possible :joy_cat:

Extremely dark day. I guess we will just have to revert back to the default position. How customisational Android is compared to “others”.

It works flawlessly on MBP :hot_coral_heart::monzo::hot_coral_heart:

IMG_0314

Even Apple is admiring Monzo’s hot coral colour :hot_coral_heart:

19 Likes

What colour is it usually

2 Likes

Hot coral haha or whatever name you’d call that shade :star_struck:

2 Likes