πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€ [Pay from pots with virtual cards]

Sole accounts only

After I replaced my old (lime green) virtual subscription card in Sep 2021 all good apart ClearScore subscription.

Updated ClearScore (direct subscription, not through GPay or so), but :monzo: records still shows 1 payment, regarding it has to show 7 by today :sweat_smile: (same records seen regardless I tap on old or new card)
(it’s old card in printscreens)

Tech staff was informed 2 days ago, they are investigating it now :mag:

Anyone else had a similar issue? :grimacing:

I’m not sure I follow what you’re saying.

Is it that you have made 7 payments to clearscore yet the Monzo app is only reporting 1?

Needs more emoji to be able to understand :eyes:

2 Likes

:+1: The :camera: that are not the current :date: and also show virtual :credit_card: name with subscription :1234: in the title are making it a bit :crazy_face: to understand.

7 Likes

See I understood that

2 Likes

That was spot on

Did you mean :dart:?

2 Likes

:monzo: only shows a single subscription transaction for ClearScore and only the old (cancelled virtual :credit_card:).
But it should show 1x transaction of old :credit_card: and 7x transactions using new :credit_card: :wink:

2 Likes

I found this because someone mentioned the virtual cards as an alternative to privacy.com. My question for anyone who knows, does it have your name on the transaction or can you choose a new name and address like privacy.com?

You’ll need to use your real name and address for Monzo cards.

Privacy most likely has an additional verification step to match alter ego to official name and address and allow the payment to be processed safely.

3 Likes

Would love to be able to change the pot that a particular card charges from. I set up a subscription card and pot when the feature first came out. Now I want the charges on this card to come out of my bills pot, but to do that I have to make another card and manually change all my payments over to it.

2 Likes

Can you not just select which pot card is linked to?

Sadly not, only the pot the card is created within. :neutral_face:

1 Like

So I’ve just had a really handy dandy new use for Paying from a Pot with Virtual Card.

I went and lost my entire wallet on a plane the other week (goodbye #TeamYello) - was on holiday, and I needed to spend. Didn’t want to risk my bank account.

on Monzo, Virtual Wallets act the same as your physical card if you freeze them - so I can’t use my secure apple pay without risking my lost card being unfrozen.

Therefore, a cheeky Virtual Card From Pot solves this problem while my card was being replaced.

[Annoyingly though, Monzo seems to be one of few banks that manage this in this way - my AMEX Apple Pay cards were immediately updated once I replaced them - so it’s a shame I needed to use Plus to β€˜hack’ this effect]

7 Likes

:cry:
The 3D printed #TeamYello selfie arm is justification alone for a FOC replacement card
Come on :monzo:, get Ben a :sunshine: !

3 Likes

The virtual cards have been great! I have one set up for each pot. I’ve been my pot virtual cards to pay subscriptions and other things alongside standing orders and direct debits.

Any news on removing the limit of 5 virtual cards per account?

3 Likes

I have perhaps mislead you.

I’ve…… switched my allegiance’s briefly and temporarily to #teamfucshia for this new card.

I’m always teamyello at heart though.

2 Likes

β€œI’ve dropped #TeamYello”
Baby_laugh

3 Likes

I have just signed up to Monzo Plus, mostly for the function of the virtual cards so I can pay for pots and budget more effectively. I have noticed it doesn’t differentiate between what cards are what (other than through colour) on my Apple Pay. So if you’ve got a few different virtual cards it can be hard to keep track of what one is what (eg. I wanted one for food shopping, eating out, health and beauty, petrol, nights out etc.) I’m now wary to have too many incase I forgot what one is what.
It would be more helpful if the virtual cards could have their chose. name on the card on Apple Pay, or even better - have the image from the pot it pays from.

2 Likes