Paramount+

Watching on the App, I have 2 options both English and neither show subtitles for Covenant other than “speaks alien language” at the start of the scene.

1 Like

If you subscribed via the Apple TV channel, I’d strongly recommend you watch using the Apple TV app instead of the paramount+ app. Quality (both audio and video) is higher, and the subtitles work.

1 Like

Still all I’m getting is “speaks alien language” :worried:

1 Like

Apparently (according to Dr Google) the trick is to turn subtitles OFF. That is what then makes the missing alien language subtitles appear.

It sounds absolutely mad, but must be worth a try.

2 Likes

That was the first thing I tried and unfortunately still nothing.

Unless it’s a scene where you’re just not supposed to know, I’m stumped.

What’s the time stamp of the episode and I’ll jump back into it later?

1 Like

It’s been every single scene where an alien speaks their own language, looking online it’s definitely not how it’s supposed to be.

1 Like

Definitely not in every scene!

1 Like

Watching it via other sources and it has subtitles! I’ve paid my subscription so I guess it’s fine. :joy:

3 Likes

To make things even more confusing, the subtitles work on Season 2 :joy:

2 Likes

You caught up fast!

2 Likes

I’m somewhat not feeling this season, maybe it’s cuz I’m back of my mind it’s the stuff me and my ex watched together :face_in_clouds:

2 Likes

Aw Carlo :frowning:

That’s a real shame because I think it’s a huge step up from season 1.

2 Likes

Watched pretty much all yesterday and this morning. :joy:

I’m enjoying it as a whole so far, looking forward to more episodes.

2 Likes

It’s the same a few other shows I watch, don’t have the same grip, maybe I was just never truly interested and played my part :joy:

2 Likes

There are a few shows my wife thinks I’m into like she is but I honestly only watch it because she wants to watch it and now it’s our thing to watch. :joy:

3 Likes

Exactly this :joy:

1 Like

Episode 4 of Halo 2 was something else! Best episode from both seasons so far. They’re getting so much right this season. Big course correction from season 1 IMO. I think it strikes a much better balance of appealing to those of us who like the gaming franchise without taking away from the more casual viewers.

Also that special halo edition xbox in the antique shop was a lovely touch. :eyes:

What an episode. One of the best episodes of TV I’ve watched in a long time (Well, alongside the season finale of Monarch). Just wish the CGI had an Apple TV+ budget. It was the only let down.

2 Likes

I watched the first 2 episodes during my binge the other weekend but now I’m saving episodes up for another binge, might even wait for the rest of season 2 to be finished.

1 Like

Well if this season is anything to go by so far, you’re gonna be in for quite the ride!

I don’t have the patience to wait, and quite enjoy the weekly format for the discourse online, and the excuse to order pizza every Thursday. :yum:

1 Like