Paramount+

The shows I’ve watched have been very good and there are still quite a lot of films and TV shows I want to watch so I’ll defintiely be keeping it around a lot longer.

Currently working my way through series 2 of Star Trek Discovery (think I’m up to episode 5). I think it is definitely better than series 1. The plot seems more unique so less predictable (who could have guessed that in the very same episode they randomly mentioned parallel universes for the first time, they ended up in a parallel universe haha) and they seem to have gotten rid of essentially all of the clunky dialogue so definitely an improvement in my eyes.

That isn’t to say series 1 was bad. I did enjoy it, but series 2 definitely improves on it.

1 Like

First time I sat down to watch Discovery was when it launched, and I was fully expecting Michelle Yeoh to be the main character :sob:

Only got around to watching episode 3 and further, er, this month. Took me that long to get over it.

Where have you watched up to now?

checks notes

Last episode I watched was 1.5, where Lorca was rescued and the tardigrade released. I’m quite far behind, I know. :sweat_smile:

(I would possibly be further along were it not for the fact that the Sci-Fi channel has relaunched and is showing Quantum Leap from the start, but we’re getting a bit off topic there).

2 Likes

Despite me saying parts of series 1 are quite predictable, there are quite a few twists for you to come…

I’ll stop talking now. Dont want to spoil anything haha

1 Like

Well La Brea has got to be among the worst, if not the worst tv show I’ve ever seen. The writing is bad. The acting is bad. The CGI is bad. It reminds me of a tv show equivalent of those cheap Canadian sci-fi TV movies on the Syfy channel back in the day.

It’s lower quality than your run of the mill serial drama, which given their churn rate is quite the feat.

With all that said though, I’m actually… liking? It :grimacing:

Everyone tells me it’s the new Sharknado.

Netflix have just sent me an email letting me know what’s about to leave the service - 2 films Stardust and Sonic the Hedgehog. Both of those are Paramount films. Stardust is already available on Paramount+ as well but Sonic isn’t (and Sonic 2 should be joining streaming platforms soon as well?).

1 Like

NOT A PARAMOUNT SUBSCRIBER YET?

Check this out, highlighted by MSE.

New. Get a month’s FREE Paramount+ via £1-2ish crisps (newbies only)

Paramount Plus logo, which is a blue and white mountain with 13 blue stars above it.

Paramount+ is a new on-demand film and TV streaming service. It offers subscribers over 650 films and series, including Yellowstone, Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, Scream (2022) and Paw Patrol: The Movie.

It usually costs £6.99/month to subscribe. But if you’re a newbie you can currently get one month ‘free’ when you buy a promotional pack of Walkers Max, Monster Munch, Quavers, Sensations, Squares or Wotsits crisps (for a full list of promotional packs, see the Walkers x Paramount+ T&Cs), which generally cost between 90p and £1.99. Here’s what do do:

1. Scan the QR code on the pack using a tablet or smartphone camera, or go to www.walkers.co.uk/paramountplus.

2. Enter your name, email, country and pack code (found in the ‘best before’ section on the back of the pack).

3. You’ll be emailed a link to claim your one month free – copy and paste it into your web browser, select ‘Sign up for Paramount+’, create an account and then pick a plan (monthly or annual). The one month free should be displayed here.

4. Finally, add a payment method – only Mastercard and Visa are accepted.

You can cancel at any time, so if you DON’T want to be charged £6.99/month or £69.90/year once the free period is up, either cancel your subscription as soon as you’ve signed up or leave yourself a reminder to do so before the free period ends.

For full info on the service, including how it compares to other services, see the Paramount’s UK streaming service launches MSE News story.

2 Likes

I keep trying to get in on that offer.

Only problem is, I eat the crisps, automatically throw the empty packet away, and then when it’s too late to retrieve it I remember why I bought the crisps in the first place :sob:

3 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You could always not buy the crisps. Just photograph the QR code and pack code in the shop and sort it out at home. Heretical, I know.

Shhh. That’s my plan :rofl:

Sainsburys the ideal candidate as I use my phone for Smart Shop :grin:

Update:

Got it :smiley:

So I’ve cancelled my subscription. There’s a bit of a drought and they’re not willing to fill it with parity with US launches.

All the shows I like, (which paramount have the exclusive rights to in the U.K.) are already on, or even finished with their newer seasons, and they’re not on the U.K. service at all. Probably saving them to be drip fed. But I don’t like it.

Not good fight. No evil. No La Brea season 2. Nothing for me to watch for over a month now. No more money from me.

Just watched first two episodes of Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, which was the main reason I got the free trial.

Will likely bin Paramount, once the month’s trial has ended, as I have plenty to watch on other subscribed apps.

Intend to prioritise Paramount viewing in the meantime, until my short My List is completed.

1 Like

I’m the same… once I’ve finished discovery I’m out.

Disney+ seem to manage to get something out at just the right pace - just as I’m thinking I don’t watch it, another series comes on and that’s another couple of months… Paramount have not learned that trick yet, there’s really nothing new added since launch.

2 Likes

Time for me to try it out.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/50-off-a-years-subscription-get-a-year-for-ps3499-4029162

Edit: finding it really hard to find a listing of available content. Can anyone help?

I had same issue prior to my months trial.

Only when I was within the app could I see what they offer.

I only kept it for that month, to binge watch Star Trek related stuff.

Unfortunately, I cannot recall what else was available as I didn’t have much spare time at the end of the trial to explore the rest.

Three of the Paramount+ exclusives that spring to mind for me are:

Minx - a comedy with Ophelia Lovibond (lots of things) and Jake Johnson (New Girl)
Coyote - a drama with Michael Chiklis from the Shield
Yellowstone - a neo-western that many seem to love, though I’ve not seen myself

I think there’s also new Beavis and Butthead content? And a whole lotta movies (though those seem to have a limited exlcusivity?).

1 Like

I find it strange you can’t sign in via Apple TV Channels yet I’ve signed up via Paramount website.