Paramount+

Is it still saying Wednesday in the app? Because the next episodes of Halo and Super Pumped are already available for me.

Yep. Still showing Wednesday. The most recent episode for both of them for me is episode 5.

1 Like

Interesting! Episodes 6 for each have been available since the early hours of this morning for me via the Apple TV channel! Perhaps even since last night. Only because the next episode of Tehran was showing before them after I finished the episode I was watching last night. Which means those were added between me starting Tehran and finishing it.

1 Like

I’ve got the strange(ish) setup with my Apple TV box where in the Apple TV app it lists both Halo and Strange New Worlds being available, but if I click on them it offers me the 7 day free trial instead of recognising that I’ve already subscribed to Paramount+ through the Paramount+ app (instead of via the Apple TV Paramount+ channel).

It’s only with the shows that appear to be available early through the Apple TV/Paramount+ channel - tomorrow when they’re all ‘officially’ available, it’ll work properly through the AppleTV ‘Up Next’ option.

The paramount+ subscription and the ones through third parties like apple are completely separate so it would do that. I had two subscriptions on the same email address for a couple of hours… (direct through the app and via amazon).

That’ll be because they’re not available on the app, only via the Apple TV version, so you need that subscription to watch them.

it’s a bit odd though. If you pay through Apple TV, you can still use the app. But if you buy through the app, even via iAP, you can’t watch via Apple TV app.

1 Like

A similar thing happens with my Disney+ when it shows the orville’s latest episode. When I launch from the TV interface it opens Disney+ and says its not in my region but I can access the episode through Disney+.
Its like the TV section is pointing/launching me to the USA version rather than the UK/EU one.

Just saw a new advert and, for what seems like the first time, they have included some of their big movie franchises (Mission impossible Fallout and one of the Transformers films).

I thought it was a pretty good trailer and showed a wide range of their showsa and films. It also helped me realise how much I like their overal branding. The blue and white with the star looks really nice.

Just seen the season one finale of Super Pumped. Really enjoyed it, and I’m down for the anthropology concept too.

Wonder which company they’ll do next season. Maybe someday we’ll get Monzo, or Starling, and learn all about the Great Monzling War. I suspect when it comes to neobanks, N26, Chime, Or Revolut are the more likely candidates. Or Cash actually.

N26 would weave Apple back into the story, given they’ve worked together closely. Chime is the big American player, and Revolut’s probably the biggest bank-esque fintech.

Broadening fintech more generally, Robin Hood is probably a more interesting story, or perhaps Klarna in the future.

Season 2 is apparently going to be Facebook though. Not just going to be startups then.

1 Like

Just finished episode 2 of Super Pumped so far and Im really enjoying it. It does remind me a lot of WeCrashed on Apple TV+ which isnt a bad thing as I really liked that as well.

Ive also finished season 1 of Star Trek Discovery and did really like it. There were certain things that felt a bit odd but they didnt really impact my enjoyment of the show

1 Like

Any one with iOS / tvOS know the difference between Apple Channels vs going direct to the provider? I can sign up for Paramount both ways but unsure if there’s a difference. Thanks

No major difference. You get all the same content. All that really changes is where you watch it, and who you’re billed by.

Buying the Apple TV channel means you pay Apple and you can watch via the TV app without needing to install anything. Early use so far seems to suggest the Apple TV channel gets content slightly sooner than the Paramount app does.

If you pay through Apple TV Channels, you can still sign into the app and watch it that way too. But if you buy Paramount+ via the app, or pay them directly, you’ll never be able to watch via the Apple TV channel.

Content wise there’s no difference. Quality shouldn’t differ either once they’re up to snuff in the uk, but right now audio seems to be better via the Apple TV app than it does via paramount.

4 Likes

Do you still get the choice to subscribe monthly or yearly?

1 Like

Nope!

Monthly only. Good shout, didn’t think to check!

1 Like

I do prefer to subscribe to things i will almost definitely use yearly considering it does tend to come out cheaper and I dont need to think about the payment once a yeae rather than every month.

I wouldnt do it through Apple TV anyway considering you still cant get the app on android and I cant seem to pay for channels (or anything really) on either the website or Fire TV app, but was still wondering what options they gave.

1 Like

Thanks for explaining. So a channel works like Apple TV+ within the TV app and no need for a separate app - interesting. I noticed as well that Family Sharing can all make use of the subscription as well.

1 Like

Any chance that ‘Diana: The Ultimate Truth’ will be ‘It was an accident caused by the Paparazzi trying to take photos of her in the car while it was driving at high speed through a tunnel that dazzled the driver’?

Anyway, what’s people’s thoughts of Paramount+ now that it’s been launched for a couple of months? Some of it’s ‘big series’ that it heavily promoted when it launched are finishing now (Star Trek, Halo, The First Lady for example). Did anyone subscribe just for those and so will be cancelling afterwards? Or subscribed for them but will be sticking around?

Saw a trailer for La Brea come up on a YouTube video last night. Caught my interest, because instead of coming I wanted to see what the trailer was for. Gonna give that a watch.

I’m a bit disappointed we’re not getting Evil at the same time as the US. And I’m not hopeful we’ll get the good fight now either, and those are my two staples from Paramount that I watched prior to the service existing, so it desperately needs though to keep me paying every month, otherwise I can see it being relegated like Netflix, where I’ll just subscribe when there’s something I want to watch.

Same with Sky not showing the pretty little liars reboot. Been looking forward to that for ages, and there’s nowhere I can watch it without using a VPN and borrowing my friend’s account or :pirate_flag:

I subscribed for Halo, and then super pumped got my attention. I was hoping by the time it finished we’d have Evil, and then The Good Fight for by the time that finished. Would have kept me going for most of the year.

I’m still a few weeks behind on Halo, so it’s going to depend on La Brea now.

Halo and Superpumped will have me coming back for a couple of months a year. So would evil and the good fight if the service actually puts them on, ideally the same time as the US. Those would be my staples and I’m sure I’ll discover a few others at times to interest me.

There’s potential to keep me subscribed all the time, but that’s not been realised yet.

There’s nothing on that list that looks interesting to me, but I’ll see what pops up on my recommendations.