Paid for Dark Mode?

Would definitely be the straw that made me leave Monzo, if they did something like this

2 Likes

Monzo are not a charity, and nor is software development funded in this way.

There are better ways to support Monzo - use your Monzo account as your main bank account.

Dark mode will be ready when it’s ready. It is effectively a 100% interface redesign and so not a quick job.

5 Likes

Its NOT FREE FOR THE COMPANY PROVIDING IT!

Maybe you are not eligible for the offers.

RBS/Natwest pay to have it in the app and for them it was no doubt cheaper to implement than the full monzo push experience and it would keep a few customers happy. Its also opt in before it works so many wont have enabled it as mobile use will be a lot lower than engagement with monzo keeping their costs lower for giving it to you. Then they also have their lovely exchange rate and charges they tap on for you using your card abroad to help eat the cost as well as loans and credit cards so business wise rbs paying for the few that use it to keep them in their ad app makes it worthwhile where as monzo has passed the cost on directly.
Given how everyone pleeps that they shouldnt be charged because they can get it for free elsewhere then why dont they simply get it for free elsewhere since its a low value add feature for said users anyway.

1 Like

First of all, no need to shout.

I’m aware that they might not be free for the company, but nothing is. The free Monzo account isn’t free for Monzo to run. Paid, premium accounts should not have something that you can get for free elsewhere, in my opinion.

I’m very much eligible for offers, as I can see on the app what I am eligible for. I’m not bombarded and I still see my credit score in the exact same way as Monzo for free.

You are obviously welcome to disagree but please do not respond to me in capital letters when you disagree. Plenty of people agree with my opinion so I’m not some random outlier spurting nonsense.

5 Likes

This is such an important point. Monzo need to encourage this so much, this brings in money for them and builds a base to start offering other services to.