Packaging of cards

There was no ‘open here’ so I opened it upside down in effect :grinning:

1 Like

I’ve not seen it, my curve replacement came in a plain envelope. Do you have a pic of it?

Oh my word. It’s like a space ship.

I’m out at the moment, I’ll take a photo when I get back.

There are 2 plastic pieces that fit together to form a circle (about 1.5 times bigger than a CD).

They slot together, and inside them is the card :joy:

It’s quite the experience…

1 Like

Same here, wonder what defines whether you get a fancy one or not!?!

I’ve never used Curve, am I missing out on something? Can I still get cashback via Credit Card?

I don’t use it.

It’s more hassle and they don’t take Amex.

I saw something about cahsback on credit cards being changed due to how they report the transaction.

Either way, it’s never worked seamlessly for me.

OK, that appeases me. I have no interest in extra complication. I just see a lot about how wonderful it is and have questions. :thinking:

I can see the benefit for people who HAVE to carry multiple cards (work etc).

But as it doesn’t support Amex, it’s kinda a no go for me anyway.

1 Like

It was in February they might have changed this now but for debit card this is the most OTT packaging ever.

2 Likes

Fair enough, I only carry my Barclaycard (0.5% cashback) in the UK or Nationwide Select (0.25% cashback) abroad, so it’s likely no use to me.

That’s sort of insane. Best card I ever received, granted it wasn’t in the UK, was in a cardboard card wallet slightly bigger than the card - I pulled the tab and it slid out with a small note ‘Here’s your new card… activate it’. So simple…

Edit: it also had on the back… ‘Don’t steal me, I’m worth nothing until activated.’, which I sort of loved.

1 Like

Yes! That’s the badger.

I first got it two years ago and at that time they hadn’t refined transactions so it was very ugly viewing your transaction in Monzo as CURV Asda/27484!:?/ or some random gibberish like that, with no location tag. I like the clarity of Monzo and I prioritise knowing where my money has gone and a nice view in my feed vs carrying a couple more cards, but for people with minimalist wallets Curve will probably be a bigger draw. The card is just sitting in my drawer unused.

I do like how Curve lets you take the amount you’ve accidentally spent on the wrong card linked and put it on another, so it solves the issue of being restricted when trying to switch cards on occasions with a bad data connection.

@SC95 that’s insane. It’s a proper spaceship that

As someone inside both legacy and Fintech, and often can’t say much due to NDA, I’m always wary and I’m used to doing things myself. UK, I’ll switch Apple Pay to Barclaycard; EU, I’ll switch to Nationwide Credit. That said, I get some benefits it’s hard to talk about (not Monzo), and I sort of see things as they’re coming. It can be difficult seeing what is possible when it isn’t.

Edit: I’ll note I had an entire week worth of back and forth with a ‘legacy’ about ‘notifications’ when you spend. Ended with them not wanting it to ever happen. :zipper_mouth_face:

Pretty unnecessary

If I was paying over £150 for my Monzo card per year, I’d want it hand delivered by Tom :joy:

3 Likes

That video pretty much reveals his card number :grimacing:

Why’s that? Because legacy infrastructure isn’t up to scratch? Or for some other reason?

I wonder, is the outer darker ring works on a record player? At first look I first thought it was a 45. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

:scream:

Somebody needs to try that. Could be a bonus feature

2 Likes