Our plans to help you pay in cheques, just by taking a picture

(Jack) #83

HI @Rhodie ,
As the others have pointed out it’s in progress!
I’ve moved your posts to that thread to keep the chatter in one place :slight_smile:

( related to Monzo CEO, Investor in Monzo ) #84

having said that it was a free post address , I see on the help page in the app it now says “send it to us using a tracking number or recorded delivery” no mention of free post address ???

@cookywook has Monzo stopped the free post option ???

(Andy) #85

Still showing here.

( related to Monzo CEO, Investor in Monzo ) #86

lol no mention of free post on the help search page for paying in cheques

• consistent messages across the app are good :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

(Jack) #87

We’ll pass this onto the Monzo team, seems like a typo to me :slight_smile:

I know its slightly off topic but why does it take 5 working days to clear a cheque? What is making the process that slow? I’ve always wondered why cheques take so long to be cashed into your accounts (whatever bank you use)

(Andy) #89

This page explains the old cheque clearing process

https://www.chequeandcredit.co.uk/cheque-clearers/cheque-clearing/paper-cheque-processing-overview

The new digital process is:

Wow, the physical process really is slow! Good thing we are moving to a completely digital clearing service

(Jack) #91

One step closer to becoming extinct

One very very slow step

(Harry) #93

That’s got the new address on it? Do we think the freepost option is gone for now to ensure cheque’s dont go missing?

(Richard Cook) #94

Hi all :wave:

Sorry for the confusion here, and thanks for letting us know.

First up, we still support FREEPOST! So drop your cheque in an envelope with FREEPOST MONZO on it and you’re all set.

Also, the new address to use is 38 Finsbury Square (we just moved in!). (EDIT: We’re not fully moved just yet :slightly_smiling_face:)

We’ll update the things in the above to fix these.

Where’s the house office warming thread? We will need photos - and maybe a video tour! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Congrats on the move btw :smiley:

(Kamran) #96

Hi there, I have recently been able to pay cheques in on my Lloyds bank app by taking a photo through their app. Is this something that you’re looking at?
Thanks

(Jack) #97

Hey @kam1 ,

I’ve moved your post to this thread as it’s sll about monzo’s plans for this feature.

TLDR: it’s coming but no ETA :slight_smile:

(Kamran) #98

Thank you! :relaxed:That’s good! From looking above, some of the big banks are bringing this in so would be great to see this soon!

I think the technology and implementation behind this is something that wouldn’t take ages to push out - it’s more the process of being cleared to process cheque images like this that takes ages?

I’m sure there’s a whole bunch of regulatory hoops Monzo have to jump through before they’re allowed to do it.

(Punit Mannari) #100

I had HMRC tax refund last month. I scanned the cheque thru Lloyd’s app…cleared the next day at 4pm on the dot…had no issue with it

(Mark Edmonds) #101

@cookywook is it possible to drop a cheque in by hand? It’s a high value one and I’ll be around the area tomorrow.

(Andre Borie) #102

Probably yes if you bring some cats and/or pizzas with pineapple along.