Our plans to help you pay in cheques, just by taking a picture

This page explains the old cheque clearing process

https://www.chequeandcredit.co.uk/cheque-clearers/cheque-clearing/paper-cheque-processing-overview

The new digital process is:

2 Likes

Wow, the physical process really is slow! Good thing we are moving to a completely digital clearing service

1 Like

One step closer to becoming extinct

2 Likes

One very very slow step

1 Like

That’s got the new address on it? Do we think the freepost option is gone for now to ensure cheque’s dont go missing?

2 Likes

Hi all :wave:

Sorry for the confusion here, and thanks for letting us know.

First up, we still support FREEPOST! So drop your cheque in an envelope with FREEPOST MONZO on it and you’re all set.

Also, the new address to use is 38 Finsbury Square (we just moved in!). (EDIT: We’re not fully moved just yet :slightly_smiling_face:)

We’ll update the things in the above to fix these.

7 Likes

Where’s the house office warming thread? We will need photos - and maybe a video tour! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Congrats on the move btw :smiley:

5 Likes

Hi there, I have recently been able to pay cheques in on my Lloyds bank app by taking a photo through their app. Is this something that you’re looking at?
Thanks

Hey @kam1 ,

I’ve moved your post to this thread as it’s sll about monzo’s plans for this feature.

TLDR: it’s coming but no ETA :slight_smile:

Thank you! :relaxed:That’s good! From looking above, some of the big banks are bringing this in so would be great to see this soon!

1 Like

I think the technology and implementation behind this is something that wouldn’t take ages to push out - it’s more the process of being cleared to process cheque images like this that takes ages?

I’m sure there’s a whole bunch of regulatory hoops Monzo have to jump through before they’re allowed to do it.

1 Like

I had HMRC tax refund last month. I scanned the cheque thru Lloyd’s app…cleared the next day at 4pm on the dot…had no issue with it

1 Like

@cookywook is it possible to drop a cheque in by hand? It’s a high value one and I’ll be around the area tomorrow.

3 Likes

Probably yes if you bring some cats and/or pizzas with pineapple along.

2 Likes

I think he’s on leave, I’ll try and find an answer for you

1 Like

so what I found out is… normally this shouldn’t be an issue but with them in the process of currently moving office this month things may be a little different.
My suggestion would be why not call in at their new office at 38 Finsbury Square and see. No harm if you’re in the area.

1 Like

I would love to see what monzo office looks like from the inside

1 Like

There’s the open office events. And if not those, there’s this:

(Doesn’t seem that long ago that they were moving into City Road!)

Edit: expand the embedded post for a cool video…

1 Like

Damm, that’s big…I can imagine the rent itself being around 12k a month…

Will give it a go. Many thanks for checking @Jackcrwhitney

1 Like