Our plans to help you pay in cheques, just by taking a picture

We’re purely speculating here it’s probably best to go off what cops say. They may have manually got some to check or they do have a list ready to mark on peoples accounts.

I sent a cheque in October which was also lost.

Unfortunately my one was for a TV Licence refund so is proving difficult to get another.

Definitely recommend using another bank for cheques until Monzo have their cheque imaging system up and running (or dropping the cheque at Monzo’s offices if you live in London).

1 Like

One of mine is a TV Licence refund as well, it was a 6 month battle to get it in the first place. No way will I get another one.

1 Like

8 days (6 working days) is pretty poor for a cheque on Monzo’s part

Would be nice if Monzo could give an update on how imaging cheques is coming along

They did…

2 Likes

They did, less than a week ago

EDIT: Dammit Kieran! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This thread was started in June 2018 and a lot of banks now a days both legacy and fintec have this.

edit August 2019 - at least we have a date but not great when a lot of banks have this or have introduced this
Monzo might be trying to shake things up but they need to keep up as well

1 Like

Wow, yeah that is a long wait.

1 Like

I posted some cheques to Monzo on the 27th Dec and got the “Received” notification today :slight_smile:

I personally don’t think that’s too bad considering the Christmas and holiday effects on Royal Mail and Monzo, as well as the size of the great Monzo Cheque In-tray :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve found with Barclays cheque imaging I get access to the funds within a few hours so it’s not that bad.

I was curious about it and did ask about it when I was part of the trial and depending on your risk score they’ll give you access prior to it clearing.

I’ve posted a couple of cheques before that were processed fine, and I didn’t include a undelivered address.

Anyway, I received a cheque for Christmas so pop it in an envelope. I’m not sure why exactly, I just had a bad feeling Royal Mail we’re going to reject the free post thing. So this time I added a return address.

Well, I’m glad I did! I had it posted back to me a couple of days later stamped by Royal Mail & undelivered. It very clearly has just the words “FREEPOST MONZO” on the front.

Not filled with confidence after that. Royal Mail is so unreliable.

1 Like

Got a notification today that they have my cheque. The cheque I asked the sender to cancel on the advise of Monzo because they did not have it. I struggle to believe it took the Royal Mail till today to deliver it. I think it’s likely Monzo had it and it was in the backlog despite saying otherwise.

So now need to wait for a new cheque, send again and repeat the process!

5 Likes

They’ve finally got my cheque :boom:

Exactly 3 weeks after I posted it

6 Likes

This is why I’m waiting a bit before sending mine

1 Like

This is why I still have my First Direct account.

5 Likes

Was really quick last time I sent one. Avoid holiday periods is what I’ve now learned

4 Likes

We need a status check bar as well :joy:

1 Like

I really want to know did it take the Royal Mail 3 weeks? It seems very unlikely.

I’m asking for the date the post was stamped as received but cops are avoiding answering this question.

2 Likes

In the mean time you could easily open up a high street bank account and have it all ready to go before you get the new cheque and just scan it in and then transfer the funds!

1 Like