Our 2022 Annual Report

@lpoolrob agreed, it’s certainly a different Monzo to the early days. But transparancy is still something they claim as a value.

Page 5 of the 2022 report:

Default to transparency
We’re open with each other and customers unless we have good reason not to be.

…unless we have good reason not to be :eyes:
I’m curious to if this is why the report isn’t mass communicated to investors and customers.

4 Likes

I’d prefer it to be the other way round. The CEO gets the same increase as everyone else.

7 Likes

I agree. I don’t see it as unreasonable at all.

Unrealistic in the modern corporate environment? Yes. Unreasonable, no it seems pretty fair to me.

1 Like

Has anyone else noticed the 2022 report download saves as the filename Monzo-Annual-Report-2021.pdf

@AlanDoe FYI

2 Likes

Saved as’-------2022.pdf’ for me yesterday. It still does now. Which link are you using?

Alan’s link in the original post, the “Download Report” button at the bottom of the page that links to https://monzo.com/static/docs/monzo-annual-report-2022.pdf

A quick check of the page source shows the download attribute is set as "Monzo-Annual-Report-2021.pdf"

2 Likes

This took far longer than usual. Disappointed TBH.

3 Likes
8 Likes

Monzo no longer now a going concern :eyes:

2 Likes

Umm, that would be a huge issue and the exact opposite of what you want!

There are no longer uncertainties over whether it will continue to be a going concern (ie continue to operate) over the next 15 months

4 Likes

Ah :sweat_smile: thanks for clarifying. I read “signed off on going concern” on the tweet and assumed the opposite :woozy_face:.

4 Likes

Where was this in the report :pray:t3:

It won’t name him, but it will state the top salary.

You going to Slack him and ask him to pick up the tab for your Deliveroo?

3 Likes

Page 102, as said I have made the wild assumption he is the highest paid director

4 Likes

We don’t get inflation based pay rises.

3 Likes

Well, you aren’t alone! Although my company is doing something close this year, surprisingly, and our execs are not getting increases so at least there’s some fairness to it

1 Like

Inflation pay-rises are not going to be common place this year!

I got 4.5% in Jan, I doubt I’ll get much more than that in 2023.

3 Likes

Well unless you are an exec of course :joy:

3 Likes

I don’t think it’s very common anywhere although I’m all for any industry who believes they should get it and is unionised and mobilised to ask for it (although that’s possibly another thread!)

Pay at Monzo works differently to anywhere I’ve ever worked tbh - but there are changes afoot and I’m not 100% sure how it’s going to work going forward.

2 Likes

Received notification today from Companies House that these accounts have been officially filed. Which was news to me. As an original crowdfunding shareholder, and obviously an interested party, should I not have not been provided with some notification, and a copy for my perusal, ideally before the general public? Similarly, I have had no contact from Crowdcube for months, if not years. Well, not unless you count cursory notification of being shafted by another CC administered start-up, namely Money Dashboard.

What about interim reports? Are there ever any? I would at least like the opportunity to wave a final goodbye to my investment, as we used to be close, and go way back.

2 Likes