OnePlus 6

I didn’t had to do this - I just had to type the card number directly in Google Pay got text code couple more taps and done. Not sure why you had to provide a selfie for Google Pay?

1 Like

Never did this either. With any of my cards.

New security steps maybe?

I had it with Apple Pay as well, when I added through Wallet, but going via the app worked without the need for a selfie. Maybe it’s because I have a card that says my name is Monzo Bank. Still, it’s enough to stop me adding it.

The Silk White OnePlus 6 Sold Out in Under 24 Hours

Bought one at launch event in Shoreditch (how very hipster was I for about an hr :joy:)

It’s brilliant. Beautiful screen, love the new gestures control enough to go buttenless. It’s fast as you’d imagine. 10/10

Updates are said to be slow, but I’ve honestly never noticed. It’s always had latest version of android and it runs like butter.

2 Likes

It’s amazing I am very happy with it. And you are right no need for buttons anymore not sure about those reviews saying gestures don’t work properly for me it’s been perfect.

Best phone I’ve owned so far.

Not sure if we need a new thread for the 6T or not, so going to leave this in here to be on the safe side:

If this is accurate, this looks amazing :heart_eyes:.

As someone who’s wanted an under screen fingerprint reader, this makes me (cautiously) very happy. And the small notch = win. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

If the price is right, and it all hangs together well, I might struggle not to pick one up…

1 Like

But it’s not pure Android! :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Define pure!

That’s a price the majority would pay considering how Google wants to be the new Apple and charge silly amounts for their handsets. Pure android vs a few £100 saved… would probably nearly always end in most choosing the money

4 Likes

So when you slide up from each bottom corner, it never thinks you are tapping the screen there?

Tapping and Sliding are not the same so I don’t think there is any chance of phone getting confused :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It’s more of a v quick thumb flick you end up doing unconsciously. No tapping mistakes I’ve encountered. You end up just flicking the screen to do what you want to do. Main downside is when you use a friends phone with buttons you get really annoyed you have to actually press something :joy:

That said. There is no long press home button anymore (e.g. as you would use ‘okay Google’). I don’t always want to talk to my phone so that was the single downside I experienced.

OnePlus has a solution for this in Android 9. Pressing the power button for 0.5 second will bring Google Assistant.

Wow that’s good. Are you on some dev build? I’ve the latest oneplus 6 and I don’t have android 9 yet?

I am on Beta. Its really good with a lot of useful stuff and you won’t lose any of your settings or data if you follow the instructions.

Ok so those that might know me from around the forum (Simon, I have been listening to you!), will know I’m iOS loyal for now. I’m actually very impressed with the OnePlus to the point i might actually just give it a go! Would it also be worth waiting for the OnePlus 6t :wink: ?

Yes! if you are not on OnePlus 6 already then of course wait for 6T. It would be priced almost same as 6 and will have some new tech like screen fingerprint recognition and it will come with latest Android version.

Check the thread below for info;

VoLTE and VoWiFi now work on Vodafone with Android P / OxygenOS 9

2 Likes

Android 9 stable version released for OnePlus 6

1 Like