✅ [Android] Old profile picture displayed on payment confirmation view

Issue:
While making a payment, on the view containing the “Complete Payment” button, the user’s originally selected profile picture is displayed instead of the current one.

Details to reproduce:

1. Install Monzo.
  2. Launch the app.
  3. Login.
  4. Set a profile picture.
  5. Close and reopen the app (this step may be unnecessary).
  6. Change the profile picture.
  7. Go to Payments.
  8. Select a contact on Monzo, or a recent recipient of a bank transfer.
  9. Type an amount.
  10. Tap Next.

Result: the original profile picture from step 4 is displayed instead of the new one specified in step 6.
Work around: Each time the user wants to update their profile picture and have it applied everywhere, they need to uninstall the Monzo app and repeat steps 1 to 4.

Device: OnePlus 6 (ONEPLUS A6003)
App Version: 2.26.1

Screenshots:
(Sensitive information removed)

NEW PROFILE PICTURE SET
Screenshot_20181206-085458

MAKING A PAYMENT
Screenshot_20181206-085514

3 Likes

Not sure if similar, but when one of my friends join Monzo I need to uninstall/clear data to see their number in contacts.

Not quite the same issue, no.

I’m experiencing a similar issue with my Joint Account. I’ve set a new profile picture in my personal Current Account and also have the same (new) image in my Joint Account when I look at my ‘Profile’ settings in the JA ‘Account’ tab. But when I go into my Joint Account ‘Account’ tab, the older profile picture is shown and I cannot figure out how to change this?

1 Like

It might be an indication that this misbehaviour has the same cause as my issue if you can reproduce the problem after uninstalling the Monzo app and then reinstalling.

1 Like

I uninstalled and reinstalled and the issue was rectified (same profile pic now displayed for both Current & Joint accounts), so it must have been a local cache-type issue which cleared when reinstalling.

If you can also fix the problem after un/reinstalling, maybe the same local cache-type issue is at the heart of the bug?

1 Like

Yip. Seems like that is the case.