OFX export capability?

(edmund) #1

Hi guys, are are there any plans for an OFX export capability, possibly via a third party with an API? Microsoft Money still works to this day and remains (I think) the best way to show transactions from mulitple banks/accounts and categorise them… :slightly_smiling:

Well done on the crowdfunding too!

Cheers
Edmund

Syncing with Budgetting Apps
What are we working on? The Monzo Weekly Diary
(Tristan Thomas) #2

Thanks Edmund! I’m not personally familiar with OFX but in principle, yes – we will support exporting within the app to some common formats and you can export via the API. If we don’t specifically support OFX as an export option, a third-party should definitely be able to :slight_smile:

(edmund) #3

Thanks @tristan. Yeah, most banks seem to offer OFX or QIF formats for programs like Money and Quicken. Hopefully we can find a way to keep users of those apps ‘on board’!

(Ruben Arakelyan) #4

I’ve put together a quick and dirty website at https://mondoqifexporter.uk that allows you to export your transactions in QIF or CSV formats. It also allows you to specify a date range to filter transactions.

I’d appreciate anyone who wants to test it out and send feedback. For one, I’m not sure how pagination works on it. It uses the Mondo API and doesn’t store any data on the server apart from the temporary token that allows it to retrieve your transactions for a few hours.

Cheers!

(Evan Davis) #5

I can’t seem to get past the Submit button on the email page of the Mondo auth page.

(Ruben Arakelyan) #6

What do you see happen when you enter your email address and submit it?

(Evan Davis) #7

Nothing happens. The Submit button changes colour whilst the cursor is over it, but after clicking there is no indication that another page is loading. It just sits there.

I’ve tried on Safari, Chrome and Firefox on a MacBook Pro and Safari on iOS

I’d love to get it working as it’s exactly what I need :slight_smile:

(Ruben Arakelyan) #8

Hmm, that’s weird. I’ve always been able to click the button and get an email a few seconds later.

Can you look at your browser’s Developer Tools console to see if there are any errors reported? Information about the Chrome tools are at https://developers.google.com/web/tools/chrome-devtools/debug/console/console-ui?hl=en.

Otherwise, you’ll have to contact Mondo about this since they’re responsible for the authentication side of things.

(Adam) #9

I’ve just tried and got the following error in the dev console.

along with
{
“error”: “access_denied”,
“error_description”: “Client does not have permission to authenticate for this user”,
“message”: “Client does not have permission to authenticate for this user”
}

(Evan Davis) #10

I got the same error that Adam got.

(Ruben Arakelyan) #11

OK, according to the thread at API problems, the API is not yet open to all Mondo users - as in, I can only access the app myself, plus maybe invite a few extra people to it.

We have to wait until Mondo opens API access to everyone so that all these apps work properly. In the meantime, more technically-minded people can take the source code of the app and run it themselves with their own API key to use it.

I’d also be interested in this but look for integrations to MoneyDance app

(Rob Stanley) #13

Agree, QIF export basic requirement but MoneyDance integration would be great.